"Pop bang" exhaust install company fined

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/consumer- ... court-case

I wonder if anyone has told the manufacturers...

I appreciate it was probably a combination of the removal of the cat AND the software that brought the action, but it does make you wonder how many stock F Type R's would fail one of those police noise cameras. I'm fairly sure mine would.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

This is very different level to the noise emitted by any standard vehicle inc. even early F Types
I’ve heard such modded exhausts in competitive action at car shows and in the Summer a group turned up at the local rugby club car park that is over 0.5k away (straight line) and the noise is simply deafening. Funny for a few moments, but crazy for road cars.
I can understand it being made illegal to make the conversion and conversion companies pursued.

For F types to get pulled or camera detected I’m sure they would have had to be modded a lot ove standard or driven in a manner that would likely get you noticed and pulled for other offences too. Speeding in a village, etc. A bit of throttle in wide open rural areas isn’t going to bother anyone.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:44 am,,, A bit of throttle in wide open rural areas isn’t going to bother anyone.
You're underestimating the sensitivity of cows! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

scm wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:36 am
cj10jeeper wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:44 am,,, A bit of throttle in wide open rural areas isn’t going to bother anyone.
Fair point, but not so many cows in the Derbyshire & Welsh hills :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yeah we don't need more cow CO2 emissions coming back to haunt us poor drivers :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Lunar wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:40 pm
Yeah we don't need more cow CO2 emissions coming back to haunt us poor drivers :D
But cows are methane generators!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Err, Google is your friend on that one 😉

IMG_2319.jpeg

MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post