Do I need to remove UAD before warranty work

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

My central vent has stopped coming up all the way and doesn't go back down when I turn the car off.

It gets stuck about halfway and just sits there. I've tried operating it in auto and manual and the issue is the same - the only time is goes back down is when I unlock the car again the next day.
You can hear what sounds like a clicking noise when it's trying to move as well.

I know this is a common and known issue with a post detailing a fix on here, but as its under a Jaguar dealer warranty I figured I would just let them take care of it.

My question is, should I remove the UAD carplay/android auto module that I put in before I take it in?
I don't want them to trying and weasel their way out of it by saying I've "modified" the car or something to that effect.

I should also mention that my UAD install is the one that goes in the bit behind the arm rest so no work was carried out anywhere near the centre console.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I would not bother as it's install did not require removal of otherwise interfering with the vents.
If however you did have to remove the vents for any reason related to the module (plugging in a lead, feed, , etc.) then I'd remove it.

Clicking iirc is a nylon cog in the mechanism slipping. Lots of info on the site.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

cj10jeeper wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm I would not bother as it's install did not require removal of otherwise interfering with the vents.
If however you did have to remove the vents for any reason related to the module (plugging in a lead, feed, , etc.) then I'd remove it.

Clicking iirc is a nylon cog in the mechanism slipping. Lots of info on the site.
Yeh, just wasn't sure if they could say something about it affecting the electronics or control unit or something.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post