Nice sunny dry day today

Anything F-Type related......
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Made up an excuse to look for Christmas presents and went for a 70 mile run, this morning.
I bought the car in March, having had a late TVR Tuscan for 12 years which never let me down.
I have to say that I have never been as satisfied as I am with the Jag. It's the first car I've ever had where I don't feel the need to change something, performance and handling are bang on for me.
Just got back and thinking wow am I glad I bought it.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Nice! That's the way it should be when you got the car perfect for you. Random long blasts and the sense of perfection - I do the same and feel the same even after a couple of years of ownership. My both previous Jags were also quite powerful out of the box but I had them both remapped. So far never felt the need with the F-Type.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
jagseven

Post by jagseven »

That’s good to hear. I’ve had my F-type since February so a similar length of ownership.
I understand facelift R inherited the SVR suspension so I suspect our cars handle/feel very similar.
I’ve had many Jaguars over the years and what makes me keep coming back for more is how well they all seem to flow/breathe with the road and feel so well balanced.
I was in my F-Pace today - didn’t want to risk the F-type getting salty from the gritters that are out and about.
Gotta love a heated seat and heated steering wheel!
2019MY F-Type SVR - for fun
2019MY F-Pace SVR - for family duties
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Heated seats and wheel in my F-Type and plus winter wheels fitted so all fit for winter conditions but I usually try to avoid the salt too.

Yes they definitely got something right in most Jaguars. SUVs were never my cup of tea but many years ago when the F-Pace was new I had a first edition 300hp diesel loaner for a week and was amazed by how well the thing drove despite 22 inch summer P Zeros and sub zero temperatures at the time.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:16 pm Nice! That's the way it should be when you got the car perfect for you. Random long blasts and the sense of perfection - I do the same and feel the same even after a couple of years of ownership.
I've had mine since 2018 and still feel the same about it! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post