Valve exhaust in 2013 V6 base?

Anything F-Type related......
Nitrousk

Post by Nitrousk »

Hi guys, I am planning to buy an stunning V6 340hp from 2013 but it doesn't has the button for the valve exhaust switch. Does anyone know if this model come from fabric with the active valve exhaust? I have read in the forum that in case the car don't have the specific button, it normally open the valves when you activate the dynamic mode but not sure if 2013 models already comes with this system.

Thanks in advance!

GracefulCow

Post by GracefulCow »

I did a bit of research into this and from my understanding (correct me if I’m wrong) there is the active sports exhaust which comes as standard on the S and above models but is not standard in the base V6. This active sports exhaust is the one you are talking about in which the valves then open at a certain RPM. There is then the added option for that little button on the centre console in which you can then activate the sports exhaust whenever. Not just at a certain RPM. I have driven a base V6 and it didn’t have any active sports exhaust so no changes at any RPM. It’s a must spec IMO as otherwise you don’t get those gorgeous notes :)
jonm

Post by jonm »

Active sports exhaust became standard on the base v6 from MY16 onwards, Button always optional.
My16 F-Type V6 340
Cotswold Polaris

Post by Cotswold Polaris »

Absolutely a ‘must have’ spec when I was searching for a car, I think you’d just wish you had it constantly if you go for a car without. I’d imagine it was an expensive option on a base 3.0, or to retro-fit, anyone know how much?
2014 Polaris White V6 S Coupe
20” Forged Aero Carbon Alloys
Carbon Side & Bonnet Vents
Cirrus Leather
Flat Steering Wheel
Green Calipers
Panoramic Roof
scm

Post by scm »

I don't really see the point in the button - it sort-of replicates what dynamic mode does. It allows a bit more noise (subject to the software level installed) if you use it in non-dynamic mode, or less noise if in dynamic. The valves open around 3.5k rpm anyway, regardless of switch setting.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I use the button a lot in non dynamic when I want to increase or decrease noise levels under my control, not just throttle. On an early V6S with its software it’s needed in many situations.
There are even times in dynamic when I want to move along quickly but not attract attention or disturb.
100% key feature to the car, imho
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

My base 2014 V6 came with the Active Switchable Sports Exhaust. It was ticked, as an option, at build.

Just make sure it works! Mine didn’t then had to buy new rear box.

The button allows you, plus other road users, to enjoy the noise at realistic roads speeds, instead of constantly wringing its neck.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

If a car you're looking at has the valved exhaust but no button it's easy enough to have a button retrofitted and coded in.

Depending on whereabouts you live (useful info to put in your Profile) it might mean a drive or a night away, but with an F-Type that's a bonus anyway!

https://lr-retrofits.co.uk/x152-f-type
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
jonm

Post by jonm »

Cotswold Polaris wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 am Absolutely a ‘must have’ spec when I was searching for a car, I think you’d just wish you had it constantly if you go for a car without. I’d imagine it was an expensive option on a base 3.0, or to retro-fit, anyone know how much?
The active sports exhaust was £1280 and the switch was an additional £350
My16 F-Type V6 340
scm

Post by scm »

DaddyDarren wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:02 am The button allows you, plus other road users, to enjoy the noise at realistic roads speeds, instead of constantly wringing its neck.
Just switch dynamic mode on? You'll get more noise that way than from the button if you've had the "wrong" software updates.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post