Valve exhaust in 2013 V6 base?

Anything F-Type related......
Nitrousk

Post by Nitrousk »

Thanks a lot for your answers. In case the car doesn't come with the valve exhaust, can it be installed aftermarket withot spending more than 2k in a new exhaust system?

Nitrousk

Post by Nitrousk »

Lunar wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:36 am If a car you're looking at has the valved exhaust but no button it's easy enough to have a button retrofitted and coded in.

Depending on whereabouts you live (useful info to put in your Profile) it might mean a drive or a night away, but with an F-Type that's a bonus anyway!

https://lr-retrofits.co.uk/x152-f-type
That sounds good, I will check if it has the valves or not! I'm from Spain (just updated on my profile) so very long trip to UK, maybe I can just buy the system from UK and install it here
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

I have the button as standard and really never use it. It was on my "must have" list when I was searching, but in retrospect the active exhaust and dynamic mode is all I need.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
jonm

Post by jonm »

Nitrousk wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 pm Thanks a lot for your answers. In case the car doesn't come with the valve exhaust, can it be installed aftermarket withot spending more than 2k in a new exhaust system?
It won't be easy, you'll be missing the electronics and the vacuum system to operate the values and even if you add all that your ECU won't talk to it as it won't be programmed to know its there.
My16 F-Type V6 340
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Like NavigatorNI I'm very glad to have the valved exhaust but the button for me is hardly ever used.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
scm

Post by scm »

And I thought I was unique in the "button largely redundant" group. :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post