Nav update

Anything F-Type related......
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

I’m not that techy but uploading new map details shouldn’t cause this much stress!! I have now twice downloaded the update onto USB3 128GB, when I insert it into the car nothing happens other than a pop up message ,this device does not support multimedia!
I’ve followed the instructions, start car insert usb select nav on screen and wait for update to start, but it doesn’t😡
2019 P300 Carpathian grey fully loaded

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Usb stick has to be FAT32 format I think, which the download software should set for you. I have a 64GB stick that works OK, but I think it asks to erase everything before downloading as I think it got a bit confused once when doing an update
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

Yep I erased everything and downloaded a 2nd time still nothing!
scm

Post by scm »

I don't know why they can't just let you download the file, put it a memory stick and shove it in the car. All this "download manager" nonsense is just more work for them and more hassle for users, especially if they don't use Mac or Windoze. Hopeless.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I had used the same memory stick two or three times and it then decided to play up. Bought a new 64gb SanDisk one and it worked!
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You’ll find all good photographers use Sandisk products - top class.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

I'd also try with another correctly formatted stick. I use a 64 GB one, also Sandisk if I recall correctly. Never had any issues with the updates.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

As good practice I reformat the USB stick to FAT 32 each time (not just delete files) and have never had an issue with updating in the car. Many other issues related to the flaky way that JLR operate maps, but not the USB.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Happycat

Post by Happycat »

I’ve got another stick, a sandisk one and now it’s all updated😎 obviously fussy about quality of products we use😬
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Happycat wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:11 pm I’ve got another stick, a sandisk one and now it’s all updated😎 obviously fussy about quality of products we use😬
Yep it's a proper Jag so it's supposed to be a bit fussy. :D Same thing about how you feed it - feed it with dodgy low octane juice and it will let you down. ;)
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post