TPMS options

Anything F-Type related......
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

Hi all

In need of some technical advice. I’ve just purchased a second set of wheels to fit winter tyres to my F Type. The previous owner used to swap the tyres each winter onto the original wheels. My ‘solution’ means I can just swap the wheels myself each winter/ spring.

I have searched quite extensively both on this forum and the web trying to ascertain which TPMS valves I should buy to have fitted in the winter rims. My car was first registered 15.05.2015 and is a V6S, and I have read online that the TPMS valves fitted to the F Type changed some time in 2015. It also appears that the listed part number I found C2D47173 (is that correct for my car?) doesn’t appear on the valves themselves! So a couple of questions come to mind.

1. Without removing a tyre and looking at a valve, can I ascertain the correct valve for my car without going to a dealer?

2. I have found these online

IMG_5887.jpeg

Which are listed to fit the F Type. The GX631A159AA number on the valve appears on quite a few listings as suitable for ‘F Types’. Are these correct?

3. Again, some comments say the valves will need coding to the car, others say the car will just recognise them after some time driving. Is there a definitive regarding this?

4. Once they are recognised, will I require any re-coding each time I swap between winter/ summer wheels in the future?

Many thanks in advance.
2015 F Type V6S coupe in French Racing Blue
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
Flat bottomed, heated steering wheel
Independent climate control

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello PP. Had similar issue when I put new wheels on my car.

Give TPMS Warehouse a call. The number I’ve got for them is 01254 301021. A few years ago now but spoke to Bill. He was very helpful. Knew everything about TPMS.

I purchased my additional set direct from them. He knew the correct ones for my car & how the tyre fitters link them to car using a scanner.

Maybe different for yours but these guys were spot on 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

Thanks DD
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Have a read of this post from the US forum.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/f-ty ... ms-162046/

There are 2 frequencies 433mhz for later cars and 315mhz, used on the very early cars. Also 2 variants of 433 sensor where H (high pressure) is used on the F type. (Your photo shows a sensor having the 433mhz and H markings).

My 433mhz versions all self configured within a couple of miles one by one.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

Interesting read, especially as it mentions that the VIN number isn’t necessarily the definitive guide to which sensors your car will have! I’m guessing I will need to have them ‘scanned’ to find out. Never heard of this before, do tyre shops have such scanning devices, you know like Quick Fit?

I could go to my Indy who does my servicing but it’s a half hour drive whereas there are several local tyre shops…
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

Anyhow, got to go and ‘kick my tyres’ now. No idea what frequency these TPMS are, but there’s 8 of them and they are all pumped up to 240psi!

IMG_5331.jpeg

Last edited by Pilot Pete on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Nice rubber for some high g cornering 👌
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
scm

Post by scm »

Pilot Pete wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:56 pm I could go to my Indy who does my servicing but it’s a half hour drive …
Sounds about right for a nice drive in an F-Type. :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Hi Pete,

Last summer I bought spare rims for winter tyres this season and had the same dilemma as you're now having re correct TPMS valves. I got a set from Norfolk Prestige Car Parts. They were advertised as TG1C 433MHz C2D43636 FW931A159AB. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the valves before fitting, so I can't verify the part nos. of the items I received. However, I was emailing with Neil at the company prior to ordering & he was very helpful. I fitted the wheels, complete with TPMS valves and winter tyres, about 4 weeks ago and the valves sync'd themselves after about 10 or 15 minutes driving without any other input.

Hope this helps.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Pilot Pete

Post by Pilot Pete »

Thanks NavigatorNI

That’s very useful info. I contacted my local dealership and they ‘confirmed’ I needed 433Mhz valves and quoted me £700 to supply and fit! My Indy quoted about £500 using genuine Jag valves. Having searched the part number you’ve listed there is an eBay listing for a set of new valves for £70, which sounds pretty damn good (if they are correct!). Might be worth a punt I think.
Exterior style pack
Panoramic roof
Upgraded brakes
19” Centrifuge wheels
Sports seats

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post