Interior creaks & squeaks - Are they common?

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

After stripping out and putting back all the panels in the boot after the leak fix I've noticed a significant reduction in creaking from behind me. I might head back there again in the spring with some sticky back felt strips and see if I can't cure the last remaining couple of quieter ones.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Mine's fortunately also very creak and rattle free, touch wood, but has produced an occasional creak on the passenger side on bumpy roads. Upon recent inspection I noticed that by pushing the glove compartment door I got a bit of a creak and opening/closing the door was a bit creaky. Not entirely silent and smooth as you'd expect. I tracked it down to one of the glove compartment door hinges, crawled into the passenger footwell where I could reach it and lubed it with silicone spray. Now it's all silent as it should be and a potential creak source is hopefully gone.

Otherwise one creaky part used to be the silver inserts in my performance seats. They all seem to do that and I reduced the issue with some silicone spray as well.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post