Interior creaks & squeaks - Are they common?

Anything F-Type related......
munchie

Post by munchie »

To cure the parcel shelf rattling you need felt tape and stick it onto the recess that the parcel shelf sits on, sorted it for me.
I had a noise rattle in between the seats in the headliner slightly behind me, turns out there are some clips holding the headliner and one of mine was missing when Jaguar investigated the rattling issue.

Philb280

Post by Philb280 »

I have one from the dash , creaks when going over bumps/ speed bumps , can’t seem to locate though .
Has worse in other cars.
scm

Post by scm »

Philb280 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:40 pm I have one from the dash , creaks when going over bumps/ speed bumps , can’t seem to locate though .
Has worse in other cars.
Check the Torx bolts on the cross braces in the engine bay - some folk on the US forum have found theirs have worked loose and needed a bit of a nip.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Moss

Post by Moss »

I must be a real Billy No Mates.

No creaks, groans, crashes, squeaks or rattles. I’m a bit miffed.
Apart from the passenger seatbelt clip rattling against the door card when it hasn’t fed back into the inertia reel fully?
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:46 am I must be a real Billy No Mates.

No creaks, groans, crashes, squeaks or rattles. I’m a bit miffed.
Correction - you're a Billy One Mate! :lol:
Unless my ears are a lot worse than I think they are. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Moss

Post by Moss »

scm wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:49 am
Correction - you're a Billy One Mate! :lol:
I digress, but the worst car I ever owned for rattles was the second-gen, mid-eighties Vauxhall Astra GTE.
From new, the whole scuttle would shake, rattle and groan and the hard plastic of the dash structure was like a sack of demented monkeys fighting each other with spanners. It drove me nuts.
I blame the poor build quality, hard plastic, stiff suspension with little travel, and quite possibly under-development of that part of the vehicle.
Which was a shame, as I quite liked the car and its’ styling, otherwise.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

No creaks or rattles on mine either, except for the odd passenger squeal. The front end is starting to groan a bit when manoevering, will get it sorted when our other car is fixed. 2 weeks waiting parts so far.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Had a squeak which sounded like it was inside behind me but could hear it outside with window open and ended up being an exhaust heat shield loose. Strange how noises travel.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
giusemanuel

Post by giusemanuel »

I also have a creaking noise, mine comes from the grille behind the dashboard. The one from which the air comes out directed onto the windshield. I think to solve this I should replace that grill...has anyone done it?
Stebrim1

Post by Stebrim1 »

I removed my rear parcel shelf and most noises went away

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post