MY19 Car Play Woes

Anything F-Type related......
Thane44

Post by Thane44 »

Hello all,

New to the forum having today picked up my 2019 V6 F-Type - really happy with it, having come from a 2007 XKR and most recently Audi S3. The car was bought approved used.

A quick question on Apple CarPlay - my understanding is this should work in my car, as it is a 2019 model (screen without buttons along the side).

When I plug my phone in, I only see an option for starting the device with InControl, no option for CarPlay. It looks like the current software version is 18D.

My question is, is the lack of CarPlay due to the software being out of date, and how can I go about updating the software to fix? Is there any way of doing this without going into a dealer?

Many thanks for the help, in advance.

Thane

scm

Post by scm »

What's the 10th digit of your VIN? It'll be J for MY18 and K for MY19. I have an unsupported MY18 with the 8" screen but I think my software is up to 21 something (I'll check next time I'm in it) so it sounds like yours could do with an update. It was originally a free update from Jaguar, but that may have expired by now (not sure if they're time limited). LR Retrofits might be able to do it, they have a range of upgrades they can perform so might be worth checking wit them if you want to avoid dealers.

And welcome aboard! (Where are the pictures? ;))
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

If you have an MY19 with head unit without the buttons on the side and have 18D software but no Car Play then the car was originally spec'ed without the smart phone pack and might not be SoTA (Software Over the Air enabled).

As you have purchased used approved, a quick call to the dealer and they can attempt to push the software update to you, 21c I think we are on now, or it might require plugging into dealer software which will update it and enable the Smart Phone, Car Play and Android Auto features.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
gazzaaitken

Post by gazzaaitken »

Could be the cable, my android phone would not connect with my old cable, update it to the fastest type I could find, and it started working no problem
My19, p380rwd, Corris grey, with some carbon ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post