Drivers side rear light casing condensation

Anything F-Type related......
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

HI, bought my 2016 Ftype R about 2 months ago, only recently noticed theres condensation in drivers side rear light. Its not horrendous but i want to sort it before it causes a problem. Is there an easy fix for this that doesnt involve removing the entire boot lining and bumper just to get the damn light out lol!?

Ive seen posts about other vehicles where theyve drilled tiny holes in the outer casing but this seems a bit risky. Or is this something that i should look at getting replaced under the 3rd party warranty that the dealer provided. Easiest solution required. TIA.

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I doubt you’ll find a third party warranty would accept the claim - no harm trying though.

Even the Jag warranty had an identity parade (Mr Rivulet!) before they’d change a headlight with this issue - and that is with HID electrics in the earlier models.

You could try using a heater or hair drier on it - at least it’s LED lighting so hopefully more stable and robust with regard to condensation.

I’m sure someone will be along shortly with some other advice or idea - let us know how you get on.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Djayswitch

Post by Djayswitch »

I did blast the rear casing of the light through the boot with a hairdryer and it cleared the condensation somewhat but it literally came back overnight. Really annoying. I dont wana have to remove the whole unit if i dont need to as thats a bumper off job but if i have no alternative i will have to..im thinking maybe drill some holes in the back of the light outer casing and hope this clears it up after a few days....?
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

The other thing I’d check is to remove the boot liner and make sure all is dry underneath and no signs of past dampness.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post