Anyone Running Goodyear F1 Eagles ?

Anything F-Type related......
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

scm wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:42 am
WShudds wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:16 pm How many miles the Pzero might last in your experience ...
I've had 4 Jags (2001 XK8, 2004 XKR, 2010 XKR and 2018 f-Type) and I've never got more than around 10,000 miles from any tyres, Pirelli or Dunlop. I've just put PS4S on the F-Type so will see how they fare!

Thanks, at what thread length do you replace your tyres? I generally leave them until they're about 3mm. Do you rotate the tyres on the F-type across the same axle or is that pointless?
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It depends on how you drive and on what type of roads. On my V6, I managed to get 22,000 miles out of the original Pirelli rears. But a lot of those miles were commuting to work which involved mainly cruising up and down A roads, going with the traffic flow, with proportionately less hammering around.

I was also lucky, in that I was able to eek the last few mm of tread out of them over the summer. Going down to 1.8mm wasn't a problem then, but I'd have swapped out a bit earlier if it wasn't summer. No rotation, and they also wore perfectly evenly across the tread, which helped.

V8' s do get through tyres much quicker though 12-14k, I reckon.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

Lunar wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:00 pm Have you considered the Conti SC7?

It also has a little more sharpness about it on the front axle, and they are a good bit cheaper than the PS4s’
Good shout thanks i might go with theses
Ftype R AWD
scm

Post by scm »

WShudds wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:08 pm... at what tread depth do you replace your tyres? I generally leave them until they're about 3mm. Do you rotate the tyres on the F-type across the same axle or is that pointless?
I change them when they're nearly down to the wear indicators (so 2-3mm) but never swap them on the axles (some of them have been directional). Like others, they do wear down nice and evenly across the whole tread.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

It also has a little more sharpness about it on the front axle, and they are a good bit cheaper than the PS4s’s.

Have you got these on yours mate?
Ftype R AWD
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I’m on my winter Sottozeros now but yes, for summer I have SC7’s on the front and PS4s’s on the rear.
If the price difference is still as substantial (and PSs5’s still not available) I’ll very likely try the SC7’s on the rear when the time comes too.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

Lunar wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:37 pm I’m on my winter Sottozeros now but yes, for summer I have SC7’s on the front and PS4s’s on the rear.
If the price difference is still as substantial (and PSs5’s still not available) I’ll very likely try the SC7’s on the rear when the time comes too.
Thanks for the 1st hand info sounds like the C7s could be what im after . Im also looking at the Goodyear F1 Asymetric 5/6 they seem to steer well and still retain a good level of comfort
Ftype R AWD
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

jonm wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:14 pm Yes I've got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 on 19" wheels, They are soft comfortable and quiet tyres, they are not UUHP performance tyres like my old p-zeros. If your looking for pure performance look elsewhere.
Hi, how many miles have you done on them so far and how would you rate their wear? I continue to be quite impressed with my J Pzeros, I noticed that they need to be properly warmed up then they're fine. Only once the rear started to go when I was pushing the car on a twisty road on a cold day with cold tyres. Nothing major and having just watched a video on how to deal with this situation (the F-type is my first RWD car) I got the car corrected fine.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
scm

Post by scm »

WShudds wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:14 pmI continue to be quite impressed with my J Pzeros, I noticed that they need to be properly warmed up then they're fine. Only once the rear started to go when I was pushing the car on a twisty road on a cold day with cold tyres.
You're in a minority with that opinion - lots of folk, especially on the US forum seem to hate the PZeros. I've not had any issues with them either, but maybe I don't push them as hard as Americans! I've recently switched to Michelin PS4S on the numerous recommendations on here and elsewhere, but I haven't really noticed the "night and day" difference I apparently should have.

FYI, on all the Jaguars I've had (4 so far) I've never got much more than 10,000 miles from any make of tyre I've tried (only Pirelli and Dunlop, though).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

It also has a little more sharpness about it on the front axle, and they are a good bit cheaper than the PS4s’s.
Ive just fitted the Continental Sport Contact 7's to mine and they are night and day to the oem P-zero's. Both myself and my friend who had them on his DB9 V12 found the p-zero's to be utter garbage. I feel they're only fitted as a "from factory" option due to a payout from Pirelli or a LARGE discount to factories to make people think the OEM tyres are the ones to go for. The compound is too hard so there's no grip in the cold, the wet weather performance is poor to non-existent and the road noise is also high. Don't get me wrong they are still a good tyre compared to the full range of options but when compared to the other top offerings they just don't hit the mark.

My old P-zeros used to lose traction during gear changes and the new SC7 from Continental is like driving on rails.

Decent review of them here:
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.