Headlight colour temperature

Anything F-Type related......
doshdad

Post by doshdad »

New headlight fitted by main dealer is a warm white. The original was a cool white.
Am being told that the part no. Is correct.
Can this be true ?
Any help appreciated as I now have two headlights that have different colour temperatures 🤷‍♂️

scm

Post by scm »

What year is your car? A bit of information might help people to give relevant advice.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Are you referencing actual colour temperatures such as 4500k vs 6000k or is one just appearing more yellow/brighter?
What did the dealer say about it?
Hard to comment when we’re in the dark ;)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
doshdad

Post by doshdad »

Registered in 2018 and yes the colour temperature of the new headlight is warmer . Main dealer advises that he will contact Jaguar Technical as the new headlight has the same part no. as the old one 🤷‍♂️
If true it’s all a bit of a mystery.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

doshdad wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:59 am Registered in 2018 and yes the colour temperature of the new headlight is warmer . Main dealer advises that he will contact Jaguar Technical as the new headlight has the same part no. as the old one 🤷‍♂️
If true it’s all a bit of a mystery.
Then I would just await Jaguar if they have fitted a new part with correct reference and it matches the old one to see their opinion as to the variance.
If it were the other way around and the new had a higher colour temp I could see some logic of degredation.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

Tell them you could not care less what part numbers they have,, you want both your lights to look the same !!
Ftype R AWD
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

M2Nel wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:31 pm Tell them you could not care less what part numbers they have,, you want both your lights to look the same !!
Problem with that approach is they will just tell you they have supplied the correct part to the VIN and so the other one is faulty and sell you a second headlight.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

At risk of asking a stupid question, what headlights have you got exactly? LED or Xenon/HID? I mean, it's not just a simple bulb swap that's needed is it, if it's the non-LED style?

EDIT: I know the OP stated that the car was registered in 2018, but as we all know, that doesn't guarantee it's an MY18 or MY19 car
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I assume these must be xenon bulbs.

It’s quite a fiddly job without your fingers touching the glass bulb - especially if outside in current temperatures! - but fitting Night Breaker bulbs and ensuring your headlight aim is optimised can really make a difference.

If the garage doesn’t play ball you could ask them to take their bulb back and refund you, and likely buy these and get the aim checked and adjusted for similar outlay.

https://www.gsfcarparts.com/osr66340xnn-hcb

You’d need to undo and move out the way the black box with the red flip lid but it’s just a couple of M6 hex screws.
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
doshdad

Post by doshdad »

Unfortunately for me these are LED headlights.
I think it’s going to be a mission sorting this out 🤷‍♂️

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post