Tyre Pressur

Anything F-Type related......
LeBeef

Post by LeBeef »

Hi forum, I’ve had my P450 since Oct, just had a warning light saying that my rear left tyre is under inflated. I’ve checked the pressure and it’s good, but I’ve still got the warning. I’ve yet to find a way of resetting the pressures. Any advice warmly welcomed, thanks in advance.

scm

Post by scm »

As I understand it, the TPMS should sync up automatically when you go for a drive - if that doesn't fix it (not sure how far you have to drive) then maybe the sensor is defective, or its battery is low. How old is the car (mine's from 2017 and I've had no problems with TPMS so far (hope I haven't jinxed it now!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

On the dash screen you can display the tyre pressures live.
(Numbers in brackets appear for recommended pressures when stationary only) and under are the live ones.

The tyre pressure warning light will come if pressure decreases quickly, if one tyre is lower than the others or if one goes below 30psi.

What does yours show?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
LeBeef

Post by LeBeef »

Mine was showing 2.5 bar. My Jag was registered in 2022. Thinking it might be the sub zero temp in the NE of Scotland that’s effecting it.
LeBeef

Post by LeBeef »

Affecting
Moss

Post by Moss »

LeBeef wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 pm Mine was showing 2.5 bar. My Jag was registered in 2022. Thinking it might be the sub zero temp in the NE of Scotland that’s effecting it.
Would the low temperature not affect all tyres equally 🥺
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Moss wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:15 pm
LeBeef wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:35 pm Mine was showing 2.5 bar. My Jag was registered in 2022. Thinking it might be the sub zero temp in the NE of Scotland that’s effecting it.
Would the low temperature not affect all tyres equally 🥺
Yes, assuming cold day none in the sun, etc., however they round off and all are only approximate.
All tyres on my BMW are correctly set with a good digital gauge but in cold weather the front left registers 1.9 bar and the right 2.0. One rear 2.3 and the other 2.2 on the app based digital readout. Drive the car and they equalise settle down to their respective axle pressure settings. That's keep me happy enough :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:15 pm Would the low temperature not affect all tyres equally 🥺
Yes but ... Where mine's parked it gets the sun on one side only so those tyres tend to have a bit more pressure than the "cold" side. As others have said, once you get them rolling they soon all agree on the same temperature.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
68MBC

Post by 68MBC »

Are you guys able to read tire pressures while driving? On my Discovery MY17 I can read them live (while driving), whereas on my MY15 F-type only when engine is off. The sub-menu is not available with a running engine.
P380 V6S Coupe RWD MY15
Grey Stone
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My MY 16 shows live tyre pressures.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post