AWD V6S on snow

Anything F-Type related......
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

Not a language I can speak/understand, but a good demo of awd drivability in winter conditions:

Cheers,
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yep indeed - no doubt on winter tyres.

Interesting that he appeared to be in the snow setting + sport and using the paddles.
Reminds me of the Fen End track day 😂

Wouldn’t like to have done the banked oval in those conditions!

He’s out of washer fluid 😉
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Slightly off topic, my new to me RWD P340 on P Zero tyres keeps surprising me everyday. I've been daily driving it under the current weather and I'm amazed by how planted it is. Yesterday I spent about an hour going back and forth pushing it through a curvy road in dynamic mode while it was dry but 3C outside and it handled it extremely well.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
jonm

Post by jonm »

I've just fitted a set of Michelin X-Ice Snow to my F-type in preparation for a road trip to the artic of northern scandinavia next month.
Have not driven anywhere on them yet but as they're nordic ice tyres and not european winter tyres I'm expecting they'll be total dog s**t in the wet and dry of british roads, and I'm not sure how fast I can drive on the motorways on the way up there without melting them, lets hope its cold and wet when I leave to keep them cool.

IMG_20240111_074620_389.jpg

My16 F-Type V6 340
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

That's a nice trip. I did Ystad to Kiruna and back entirely on minor roads and dirt tracks. Took 3 weeks return including daily off road adventures. In summer and a Jeep though :)

Make sure you have a good recovery service. I was lucky and had parts flown out to continue driving Vs potentially a long and expensive lift home...

Agree don't try to stop or turn on F rated tyres in the wet. TBH I'd hope for rain but if not then just take it easy
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
jonm

Post by jonm »

No dirt tracks for me! Will be sticking to the E roads mostly, Will try to get upto to nordkapp, depends on the weather, as of right now it's all closed due to avalanches, Just have to stick around in hotels and wait and see, They clear the E roads pretty quick after a storm.
Went for RAC european breakdown, they seem to be well rated.
My biggest worry for now is how much of these tyres will I have left after 600miles of european motorways, going to be tough driving the unrestricted autobhans and not being able to put my foot down.
My16 F-Type V6 340
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

jonm wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:25 am No dirt tracks for me! Will be sticking to the E roads mostly, Will try to get upto to nordkapp, depends on the weather, as of right now it's all closed due to avalanches, Just have to stick around in hotels and wait and see, They clear the E roads pretty quick after a storm.
Went for RAC european breakdown, they seem to be well rated.
My biggest worry for now is how much of these tyres will I have left after 600miles of european motorways, going to be tough driving the unrestricted autobhans and not being able to put my foot down.
Fully understand the issue of driving between very different conditions, just take it carefully.

I did several comps in the Alps such as the Crosiere Blanche and had to cross Europe on all terrain tyres, then above various altitudes put on super heavy chains. Made me smile to see the cars fitting them looking like rubber bands and then see how well they flew up icy passes. Mine weighed 30kg per corner, so 40 mph seemed fast and loud...
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
jonm

Post by jonm »

The Norway road trip is going well! the Michelins are performing very well indeed, am able to confidently drive at 60mph on snow and ice all day long. The F-type is a lovely car to drive on slippery surfaces as its so well balanced and easy to control. It's great fun cos you can slide the car all over the place and just generally have fun at very low speeds.

Norway is a wonderful country to do a road trip, the most stunning scenery I've seen in all of Europe, and NO traffic, as it's still winter and the tourists do not arrive until spring I've had all these roads to myself.

photo is on route 17 just north of the arctic circle.

IMG_20240228_120246_142.jpg

My16 F-Type V6 340
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

WShudds wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:46 pm Slightly off topic, my new to me RWD P340 on P Zero tyres keeps surprising me everyday. I've been daily driving it under the current weather and I'm amazed by how planted it is. Yesterday I spent about an hour going back and forth pushing it through a curvy road in dynamic mode while it was dry but 3C outside and it handled it extremely well.
My car feels great since switching to continental SC7 from the p-zeros. The grip is unbelievable. If you get chance and fancy a change you should give them a go 👌
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

paddy1000111 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:57 pm My car feels great since switching to continental SC7 from the p-zeros. The grip is unbelievable. If you get chance and fancy a change you should give them a go 👌
Thanks for the heads up. There's no better feeling than matching the car to the right rubber. When I bought my TT it had SC2 tyres on and they were awful. After switching to Goodyear the difference was really night and day.

Continental has come a long way and I've heard only great things about the SC7. It's on my list along with the F1 Asymmetric 6 and Michelin Pilot Sport. The trouble I have is that my front tyres are new (7mm+) and I've never mixed brands on any of my cars.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.