Perfect Fit Luggage

Anything F-Type related......
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

Good Morning all,

I was wondering if anyone with the Coupe has experience with any of the "Made to Fit" luggage sets on the market, specifically something like this: https://www.cabriosupply.co.uk/jaguar-f ... -suitcases

I'm going on a 20 day European road trip later this year and I want to maximise the convenience and storage space. Would also be very interested in hearing from anyone who has generic luggage they currently use which is a very good fit for the F-Type boot.

Cheers!

jonm

Post by jonm »

I have 2 medium size rigid suitcases with wheels, a large soft bag and a small soft bag, plus a back pack coats and boots, all fits in!
Did'nt cost 353 quid though, the soft bags were a tenner each from the local market and the medium suitcases are old but probably not more than 30quid each
The big soft bag goes at the front with the boots and coats next to it, the small soft bag is stuffed into the right under the rear wing, one of the suitcases goes in lengthwise stuffed under the left wing and the other suitcase goes sideways in the middle back, then there is room for a back pack behind that at the back.
It's suprising how much goes in, A few suprised looks on the faces of people in hotel car parks who see me with all those bags and think thats not going in there!
My16 F-Type V6 340
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

This was the boot of mine for a 3-week trip around Portugal in 2022

packedtothemax.jpg

The cabinmax bag is my father's, and to the left and right of it were my two canvas hold-all bags, which had a capacity of 40 and 50L fully loaded. There were also two rucksacks and a large camera bag tucked in there - and yes, the parcel shelf stayed fitted.

EDIT: If you're going through France then it might make sense to get a 'crit-air' sticker sorted before you go. It's a one-off, small, payment and lasts the lifetime of the car, and usually takes a few days to arrive. And for Spain, you must have a UK sticker on the rear of the car, the stickers on the numberplates aren't enough (and don't be a wally like myself and order a magnetic one first time around :D )
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

That's good going! Is that the wheeled Cabin Max or the backpack? We have the exact spec of car by the way, down to the paint colour!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Wheeled :)

And good choice on the car colour ;) . I would have loved the SVO Constellation Blue colour (I think that's what it was called) but I wasn't going to pay thousands of pounds for paint, even with the 20% discount I was getting!
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
adrianw65

Post by adrianw65 »

16 day trip around scotland, four airline cabin bags, squishy bag, coats and walking boots + refreshments

IMG_20231002_091853.jpg

F type R RWD 2014
Grey Car = Grey Bloke
scm

Post by scm »

Yes, the coupe boot is surprisingly capacious, as my mate found out when he wanted a lift to the airport with a big hard case. Forunately, the second time at a wholly unsociable departure time, he had a few more bags to take! :-)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

adrianw65 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:18 pm 16 day trip around scotland, four airline cabin bags, squishy bag, coats and walking boots + refreshments
Wow, thats so much stuff! Ideally I'd like to keep the parcel shelf fitted but really interesting to see how much fits when it's removed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post