2019 SVR Test Drive Disappointment

Anything F-Type related......
ralphr1780

Post by ralphr1780 »

On the dash board can see you are in D in normal mode, certainly not in dynamic and not in sports and not downshifting, the engine note remains somehow muted even if you take it to 5000rpm.
ralph
V6S-AWD-Coupé-LHD-Caldera Red-MY20 aka Red Devil
SVR-Coupé-LHD-Santorini Black-MY20 aka Nyx

Moss

Post by Moss »

The whole thread, now, just appears to be going round in circles. 🤔
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Kev

Post by Kev »

As you’re in the US of A, are there any particular emission laws in your state that have to be complied with as it’s no use comparing a US spec to UK spec car as everyone appears to be doing…? Have you spoken directly to Jag about this as they may be able to shed some light on it? Maybe register on Topix, pay the fee for access to the TSB’s and have a rummage around to see if there’s any information in there?
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
brianmccann

Post by brianmccann »

[quote=You've done the right thing, this car will not pop and bang. It's got the modern tune.
[/quote]

Thank you haha. Honestly sometimes forums drive me crazy. It's always the poster is "holding it wrong". The only possible regret is couldn't I just get it tuned? Then it would have android auto, cooled seats, and it would crackle. Is there a downside to the tune besides messing with extended warranties?
brianmccann

Post by brianmccann »

ralphr1780 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:54 pm
On the dash board can see you are in D in normal mode, certainly not in dynamic and not in sports and not downshifting, the engine note remains somehow muted even if you take it to 5000rpm.
You guys are relentless lol. I tried it in every combination of options possible. Sport with dynamic was the first combo I tried. I took that video near the end of my attempts just to show how it sounds. To me it's pretty obvious by that video that it's not acting right. The older ones could crackle effortlessly. I even brought it to jaguar and they turned on all those options and drove it like an absolute madman. No pops. I'm just trying to understand why some 2019s seem to be different but everyone refuses to believe it's possible.
brianmccann

Post by brianmccann »

Moss wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:29 pm The whole thread, now, just appears to be going round in circles. 🤔
I just don't want to waste my time traveling across states again just to find a car that seems to have been nerfed. There doesn't seem to be a full understanding of this issue on the forum because people just assume you weren't using it properly. I'm more familiar with these styles than the dealers and probably most owners are. It looks like maybe 2017-2018 is the only option for original SVRs.
Moss

Post by Moss »

brianmccann wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm
Moss wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:29 pm The whole thread, now, just appears to be going round in circles. 🤔
I just don't want to waste my time traveling across states again just to find a car that seems to have been nerfed. There doesn't seem to be a full understanding of this issue on the forum because people just assume you weren't using it properly. I'm more familiar with these styles than the dealers and probably most owners are. It looks like maybe 2017-2018 is the only option for original SVRs.
With all due respects to you and your search, you’ve been helped immensely by people on this forum, taking the time to explain how they have achieved your holy grail.
Several of your posts suggest you’ve not quite understood how to replicate a few YouTube videos and now you’re telling forum members they don’t fully understand the issue?

Don’t you think that’s a bit rich, tiger?

To end your rather cheeky post, above, you now ask if you need an aftermarket exhaust - Post of the Day Award 🥇🥇, goes to you 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
brianmccann

Post by brianmccann »

Moss wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:00 am
brianmccann wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:33 pm
With all due respects to you and your search, you’ve been helped immensely by people on this forum, taking the time to explain how they have achieved your holy grail.
Several of your posts suggest you’ve not quite understood how to replicate a few YouTube videos and now you’re telling forum members they don’t fully understand the issue?

Don’t you think that’s a bit rich, tiger?

To end your rather cheeky post, above, you now ask if you need an aftermarket exhaust - Post of the Day Award 🥇🥇, goes to you 👍
Thanks for the condescending post you cheeky bugger you. You're right I just have completely forgot how to drive these after the other three older ones I could drive correctly. Are you guys just angry because your government is the one that restricted the sound on these? Tally-ho 'ol chap!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post