Michelin sport 7?

Anything F-Type related......
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Hi all,

Had a pretty rubbish experience at 70 this morning when my v6s decided to fishtail up a hill on the Motorway, luckily pulled it back and had a quiet drive the rest of the way. I'm going to get some better tyres than the p-zeros. A friend of mine has fitted the sport contact 7s to his M4 and has nothing but good things to say. Anyone else got any experience? I don't fancy shelling out for PS4'S
Last edited by paddy1000111 on Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Baby it's cold outside β„οΈπŸ˜Š

Conditions are out of any UHP tyre manufacturer recommendation as far as I know. How much tread do you have left on the Pzeros? Mine have been excellent but they're at 7mm at the front and 4.5mm at the back. The Jag is enjoying a week off this week though.

Glad you're OK. πŸ™
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
jonm

Post by jonm »

As far as I know there aren't any all season tyres for our cars so just summer and winter tyres and you'll need to swap them over every year, or use a different car in the winter.
My16 F-Type V6 340
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

WShudds wrote: ↑Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:37 pm Baby it's cold outside β„οΈπŸ˜Š

Conditions are out of any UHP tyre manufacturer recommendation as far as I know. How much tread do you have left on the Pzeros? Mine have been excellent but they're at 7mm at the front and 4.5mm at the back. The Jag is enjoying a week off this week though.

Glad you're OK. πŸ™
Thanks, I even had it in ice/rain mode! If it wasn't for a clear lane each side of me and a bit of luck I wouldn't be looking for new tyres but a new car. I think I down to 3.2 on the back but they are the wider 295/30R20. I did notice the continentals were quieter and a better fuel rating but the same rating for wet weather (A) so how much I'd really gain I'm not sure
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
scm

Post by scm »

Michelin is only up to 5 for the Sports, I think you mean Continental?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

I think a new set of performance tyres would provide enough grip improvement. I looked into the Crossclimate sizes available but Michelin does not make them in that configuration.

I'd choose the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6 personally.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

at 3.2 they need changing
MarkP

Post by MarkP »

I had a lovely slide on cold tyres the other day on a small roundabout. Felt like prime Ken Block. These Conti SC7 tyres seem to be winning all comparison tests but on different sizes than would fit my SVR. I'm not sure they do 305/30 for my rear tyres not sure on 295 tyres though.
jonm

Post by jonm »

Haveing a limited slip differential has many advantages overall but the 1 disadvantage is that when the rear wheels break traction, they both break traction, causing a slide. This is a good thing if your into drifting however!
Certain caution must be exercised when accelerating with both rear wheels on a
very slippery surface. If too much throttle is applied, particularly when cornering,
lateral stability will be lost, and the rear of the car will go into a slide. This occurs
when both wheels spin together without differentiation (i.e., the clutch capacity exceeds
the road's ability to induce differentiation).
My16 F-Type V6 340
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

jonm wrote: ↑Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:35 pm Haveing a limited slip differential has many advantages overall but the 1 disadvantage is that when the rear wheels break traction, they both break traction, causing a slide. This is a good thing if your into drifting however!
Certain caution must be exercised when accelerating with both rear wheels on a
very slippery surface. If too much throttle is applied, particularly when cornering,
lateral stability will be lost, and the rear of the car will go into a slide. This occurs
when both wheels spin together without differentiation (i.e., the clutch capacity exceeds
the road's ability to induce differentiation).
Interesting point. I'm happy with my bog standard mechanical diff.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post