Data Sim

Anything F-Type related......
Moss

Post by Moss »

Ratboiler wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:11 pm I'm going insane here, having spoken to Jaguar customer services re trying to get the maps I'm falling at the first hurdle
I was informed by Ubigi MY21 car is not supported, so I have picked up a lebara data sim, put it in my phone and checked its working by calling them and using the web browser on my phone.
Removed the sim and put it in the car, gone to connectivity and the car says not supported.
Am I making a fundamental mistake here somewhere?
Sorry to hear of the issue. And the reassuring dealer support & help…
ISTR having to “register” my car with Jaguar, then I inserted a GiffGaff data sim, which has worked fine for a couple of years….
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.

scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:56 pm ISTR having to “register” my car with Jaguar, then I inserted a GiffGaff data sim, which has worked fine for a couple of years….
My Giffgaff SIM (ordinary phone one) has been in my car for ages, working perfectly.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Sorry don't understand ISTR (instructions?) I have the car registered with Jaguar for remote.
I was told to live up the sim first via a phone then put into the car and check for the internet. Then reegister the car on the touch screen. Once complete go onto Here.com via a lap top log into maps down load to a memory stick and load into the car, not that I've got that far.
Many thanks.
2021 R Portofino Blue, Convertible, Black interior, Sports seats.
scm

Post by scm »

ISTR - I Seem To Recall.

Map downloads have nothing to do with the user SIM, but are apparently rather tedious to do. I've never done it since their "download manager" only works for Windows or Macs, but I've never found a location the satnav couldn't take me to.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Thanks for the info SCM, whilst I was scrolling around the touch screen, I found that the maps on mine are 2014 on a 2021 car !!!!
I have cancelled the Labara sim and bought a no contract sim, which was set up in the shop without any input from me so plug and see what happens sometime today.
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Well I fitted the no contract sim today, and got to connectivity slid the button across and got the message sim not supported. I scrolled around the system all to no avail.
Friday I will call up customer services whilst I'm in the car and run through it with them.
Next stop Sytner service centre.
Moss

Post by Moss »

Ratboiler wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:51 pm Sorry don't understand ISTR (instructions?) I have the car registered with Jaguar for remote.
I was told to live up the sim first via a phone then put into the car and check for the internet. Then reegister the car on the touch screen. Once complete go onto Here.com via a lap top log into maps down load to a memory stick and load into the car, not that I've got that far.
Many thanks.
Sorry, I’m a few days behind with a reply.
Yep - as scm says, ISTR is I Seem To Recall….
The “walkthrough” you describe was how I managed to get connectivity… but I do recall it dropping out once or twice initially, and having to reset it. It’s been stable ever since fortunately.
TBH it’s a PITA system; seems to have been designed by numpties, for PhD-level folk with an IQ of 250 😂
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Ratboiler

Post by Ratboiler »

Thanks Moss I will move the car to another location and try again, then follow Jag customer services while in the car then the dealer.
I'll let you know the outcome.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Try doing a reset and manually searching for the phone network. Change Auto to Manual on the relevant menu. Configurations for UK networkd are in this link.

https://apn-settings.com/apn-settings-uk/
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Lady Eleanore

Post by Lady Eleanore »

Today I've been fiddling with my car. Gave it a wash, made the exhaust sound nicer and I think, got my SIM working. Ever few days I replace my UBIGI sim card and give a clean and a waggle around etc and it doesn't work. But today, the car say "READING the SIM" which I thought was odd, as I could have sworn it used to say "SIM CONNECTED" when it was working properly. Anyhoo, I have satellite maps back, so I guess it must be working again. Whoo hoo!.
My real name is Amanda, the username is a reference to my favourite band :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post