Jaguar Service Plan - A Tale of WOE

Anything F-Type related......
munchie

Post by munchie »

Having purchased a 3 year Jaguar Service Plan with MOT's back in November at a considerable discount to main dealer individual pricing I felt quite smug.

Booking my car in for its 3 year service and MOT on the Jag website, my local Sheffield dealer closed down, the next local Jag dealer Derby flooded, I chose Land Rover Chesterfield.

First problem Chesterfield LR cant' find my plan on their two systems Vertu and EMAC so might not be able to progress with the service.
I rang Jag who told me the plan is administered by Care Plan on their behalf, quick call they only deal with IPaces. This time on to Jag Chat, no worries its Run by EMAC, call to EMAC nope we can't see your car. Back on again to Jag Chat try EDynamix - result they have me but it turns out Chesterfield have the EDynamic software installed but have never had any one create an account to use it.

So back on phone to Chesterfield LR, here's the number to ring and progress my service..... phew problem averted.

Just now had a call only part of the 3 year service done, not able to do transfer box oil change as they haven't got the parts, no MOT done so have had to leave the car with them tonight so MOT can be done - no ETA on parts coming in for transfer box oil change.

And the cherry on the cake is Jag offered an afternoon tea incentive, £100 voucher, turns out my nearest venue is 26 miles away and there's only 3 located in the Midlands/North of England!!

johnnymiller1000

Post by johnnymiller1000 »

I filled in the webform to get a service plan in December, have heard nothing, no details, no direct debit setup, no nothing. Unlike the extended warranty I arranged at the same time which was setup very quickly.

Edit to add: Found all the details in my junk folder on email, so I have to correct myself on the above.... first direct debit due to go out on the 1st Feb.... my other half reminded me that apparently I promised her a freebie afternoon tea for signing up, no evidence of that anywhere though... not that its a deal breaker.
Last edited by johnnymiller1000 on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moss

Post by Moss »

FWIW, I’ve been offered the option of taking a service plan out three times. Twice with my previous car, and once with the current vehicle.
After submitting an enquiry each time, no one ever got back to me which I found peculiar.
Maybe there was a hidden message in there for me, somewhere? I don’t know.
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
munchie

Post by munchie »

Moss wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 5:50 pm FWIW, I’ve been offered the option of taking a service plan out three times. Twice with my previous car, and once with the current vehicle.
After submitting an enquiry each time, no one ever got back to me which I found peculiar.
Maybe there was a hidden message in there for me, somewhere? I don’t know.
There isn't a direct number to call Jaguar just an email address or Web chat thing. I rang the central Jag number which resulted in chaos.
Problem was the main dealer was £40 on the service compared to an Indy under the service plan price.

I've been on training to avoid click bait scams, sadly I failed on this occasion!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Just had a totally different experience. I recently set up a service plan on line (27 November) all the documents came through immediately. Prior to my ownership the first service was completed some four months late and subsequently the second service followed the pattern set. As I wanted to take out extended warranty I thought best bring the third service forward to align with original car warranty end date, so called them direct and asked if I could alter my initial plan date and also add a further year? No problem, all sorted and revised documents received. Just had my first service completed, JLR dealership. I told them I had a service plan and would bring the documents, they said fine but we just need your registration number and we’ve already got that.

Fortunately it was a good call to bring the service back in line as when they went to change the transfer box oil, one of the captive nuts inside the chassis had broken loose and they could not remove the rear subframe. Apparently they need to remove this to get access to the transfer box? So it’s now booked into the body shop and I’m being given a loan car while they attend to it. This is all being done under the original manufacturer warranty.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
munchie

Post by munchie »

Just goes to show its hit and miss when servicing. Sounds like its a big job to replace transfer box oil if they have to remove rear subframe - thats the thing that's outstanding that i need to chase the dealership down on remediating tomorrow.
DavidP

Post by DavidP »

Hi, same as MikeM with a final good outcome,
initially thought mine was all going for a ball of chalk after sitting with a so-called service advisor [a bane of my life at this particular dealer depot].. However got handed over [phone] to the dealers central contact centre where i ended up dealing with the manager. All was sorted out immediately [full 5year plan+ intermediate+ mot etc etc]. and it has worked well for me.
MY21 P450AWD Coupe BRG
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

They are quick enough to take your money. I ran a few J VXR's a few years ago. At the service they asked me if I wanted a service plan where I pay a fixed sum monthly and then at the service I have no big bills. Nice! I said, how about I get a service and pay you back in the 12 months after! " We don't do that" retorted the service person, so I counter-retorted "neither do I, good day"

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post