Ceramic Coating – Buff or Bluff?

Anything F-Type related......
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Robbyrner wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:35 am I’ve recently had my car ceramic coated and couldn’t recommend it highly enough. I paid £990 I think (inc. VAT) for a 3 year coating and 2 stage paint correction beforehand. My paint was not great beforehand, even when I bought it just about a year ago.
Now it’s just a 15 minute blast off and it’s as good as new again. I used Aligned Detailing in Bosham (Hampshire) and it was completely great in every way. Have a look at my original post that has a few pics attached…

viewtopic.php?t=7671
Looks awesome and great value for the price! It would have cost 3 times+ in America for the same service. Detailing in the UK is nowhere near as valued as in some other countries.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.

Robbyrner

Post by Robbyrner »

Kev wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:30 am
Robbyrner wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:35 amI used Aligned Detailing in Bosham (Hampshire)
Bosham's in West Sussex ;)

I should have know that really… what with living in Chichester 😂
2021 P450 5.0 V8 AWD in Santorini Black with all the fun stuff!
Robbyrner

Post by Robbyrner »

WShudds wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:09 pm
Looks awesome and great value for the price! It would have cost 3 times+ in America for the same service. Detailing in the UK is nowhere near as valued as in some other countries.
It definitely seemed good value at the time too, it was like picking up a new car after it had been done! I spend a lot of time in America, and it certainly seems a very different car culture in many respects, a lot more customisation for a start!
2021 P450 5.0 V8 AWD in Santorini Black with all the fun stuff!
scm

Post by scm »

Robbyrner wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:23 am I spend a lot of time in America, and it certainly seems a very different car culture in many respects, a lot more customisation for a start!
Maybe they don't have such voracious insurance companies who penalise even the smallest modification. :?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

mickjaguar wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:58 pm Ta! Might look at that. I have a couple of things that are supposed to strip coatings but they aren't really that effective. Some cutting compound with a DA polisher does the job, but it'd have been easier without having a ceramic coating.

I didn't pay anything for it and it seems to be something quiet good/hard but like you said I'd rather just correct the paint properly and maintain it every couple of years.
I found today that Brian at Apex Detailing did a series on his own F-Type. Worth watching

I plan on beginning to correct the paint on mine in March.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Farecla clay mitt is my favourite, as it's easy to use and doesn't need special lube. Slippery as a fish before you start polishing.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post