Still after an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
Moss

Post by Moss »

Kev wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:38 am My claim to fame is that I did a job for Petrol Ped a couple of years ago, fitting the EV charger in his barn
Send him my best regards.
Did you tell him how to remove fuse 15 in the EV charger … 😇👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.

corbs

Post by corbs »

M2Nel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:32 pm
corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am Since my disastrous brief ownership of an SVR last July i've had an AMG GTS since, which i'm now looking to move on (at a sleep losing level of depreciation) as I just can't get over the burning desire to have another F Type - The AMG is great, very noisy, awful on fuel consumption but it also attracts far too much attention which isn't my cup of tea - and it's a real job to drive it quickly..

I have seen a nice BRG P450 online which i'm hoping to go and see today

Wondering if Simple R could do the usual magic for me? HX20YOE..

In other non Jaguar related news.. does anyone want to buy an AMG GTS? ;)
I had been contemplating my next car after the Ftype and the AMG was on the radar, i do like the look of them but i hear they have a overy stiff ride ect and not good steering feel. and have plenty of rattles, what do you think?
Mines been in Sport + since collection which triggers the hardest suspension setting - not a rattle in mine and I've got a deep seated hatred of anything creaking and rattling so it would be on the radar straight away. Steering is light, i find it comfortable the main downside is traction, I've lost the back end on a dry straight road accelerating in gear.
corbs

Post by corbs »

MikeM wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:43 pm
corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am

If you didn’t manage to see the car today? Can’t do “Simple R’s” magic but did recognise the colour and reg, saw a little while back that it was up for sale not so far from me. I follow some out there out of general interest. This video of it when new may be of interest to you.
Looking like tomorrow now due to availability. And yes that is indeed the car! Looks like it was the Demo then sold to the current owner November 2020. Nice to see no powersliding on that review!
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

corbs wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 am
MikeM wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:43 pm
corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am

If you didn’t manage to see the car today? Can’t do “Simple R’s” magic but did recognise the colour and reg, saw a little while back that it was up for sale not so far from me.
Looking like tomorrow now due to availability. And yes that is indeed the car! Looks like it was the Demo then sold to the current owner November 2020. Nice to see no powersliding on that review!
Don’t think dealer demo’s get serious ragging. You should be able to identify when the previous owner purchased it. Let us know how you get on.👍
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Used to watch Petrol Ped, not so more now. There are only a few car channels I will watch on YT. Jayemm is one of them. A complete car nutcase, good content and I think he is respected too. Some of his content and how he describes cars is top notch.

Some YT'ers you can just tell they want subs & likes which pervades more than the content & quality of their videos. Collecting Cars Podcast on Friday mornings with Chris Harris is a must! or at least sub to them you will not be disappointed. I have no affiliation with them at all, except being a a member of Scramblers.
Car Lot 76 (Simon) he does car shows and his knowledge base is excellent and he interviews owners every now & then. Harry Metcalf is just a gent, with some pedigree in the motoring world (EVO Mag ).
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Kev wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:38 am My claim to fame is that I did a job for Petrol Ped a couple of years ago, fitting the EV charger in his barn
I literally walked into him outside Wembley stadium before last years Coldplay concert. I’d had a couple of pints & just shouted ‘Petrol Ped’! He did remember me though 🍻
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Clymout wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:39 am Used to watch Petrol Ped, not so more now. There are only a few car channels I will watch on YT. Jayemm is one of them. A complete car nutcase, good content and I think he is respected too. Some of his content and how he describes cars is top notch.

Some YT'ers you can just tell they want subs & likes which pervades more than the content & quality of their videos. Collecting Cars Podcast on Friday mornings with Chris Harris is a must! or at least sub to them you will not be disappointed. I have no affiliation with them at all, except being a a member of Scramblers.
Car Lot 76 (Simon) he does car shows and his knowledge base is excellent and he interviews owners every now & then. Harry Metcalf is just a gent, with some pedigree in the motoring world (EVO Mag ).
Have begun listening to motoring podcasts. Favourites, so far, are AutoAlex, Intercooler & Smith & Sniff. AutoAlex is surprisingly entertaining. STG is annoying. PP is ok but do agree his main aim is growing & monetisation. Suppose they all are to an extent.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
scm

Post by scm »

Clymout wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:39 am Used to watch Petrol Ped, not so more now. There are only a few car channels I will watch on YT. Jayemm is one of them. A complete car nutcase, good content and I think he is respected too. Some of his content and how he describes cars is top notch.

Have you tried Iain Tyrrell's channel - great if you're into restorations done properly? And Sarah'n'Tuned is always a good watch, lovely lady, ex-military who's really into doing stuff right - obsessive attention to detail.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Yes I have watched Iain Tyrell's channel, I think he started at the instigation of Harry Metcalf. He knows his stuff without question. I have to be in the right mood to watch Tyrell though, it's me but there is just summin I don't appease to, with him.
Not heard of Sarah 'n' Tuned, will look thank you.
Kev

Post by Kev »

Harry's Garage is engaging which is the best part of it. He's not pretentious, gives an honest review and has an obvious passion for these things whereas some other YouTubers pay lip-service to the manufacturers in case they lose followers. I watch Mr GB as he owns an F-Type (and currently an F-Pace) and has done various little mods to it, nothing to get too excited about though
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post