Still after an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
corbs

Post by corbs »

mitch2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:08 pm Good luck finding what you want. GTS looks awesome.

I'm in the same boat been looking for 4 months now, just cant find the one with the spec i want. Cash is burning a big hole in my pocket.
You're going to be paying a lot less now than you were 10 months ago by the looks of it!

I very nearly went with a 2019 R in a SVO dark red over the AMG, that was on at 58k and now CAP's at 30k!

WShudds

Post by WShudds »

corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:13 am
WShudds wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am I second the request from the previous post. The GTS is so rare and looks stunning. I get the attention drawing comment. I wasn't used to seeing people looking at me and any of my previous cars until I got my F-type last month. But the attention it has drawn so far has been mostly positive from car guys, children. Even a police officer this morning winked and gave me a thumbs up pointing at the car on the way to work ☺️

Was he holding a radar gun? :)
Nope, he was standing next to one being operated by another officer. Thank goodness for the good soul driving a van that flashed his lights. He was the only one of about 10 cars that went past me after him and that couldn't care less for me or drivers behind me. 🤬
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am Since my disastrous brief ownership of an SVR last July i've had an AMG GTS since, which i'm now looking to move on (at a sleep losing level of depreciation) as I just can't get over the burning desire to have another F Type - The AMG is great, very noisy, awful on fuel consumption but it also attracts far too much attention which isn't my cup of tea - and it's a real job to drive it quickly..

I have seen a nice BRG P450 online which i'm hoping to go and see today

Wondering if Simple R could do the usual magic for me? HX20YOE..

In other non Jaguar related news.. does anyone want to buy an AMG GTS? ;)
I had been contemplating my next car after the Ftype and the AMG was on the radar, i do like the look of them but i hear they have a overy stiff ride ect and not good steering feel. and have plenty of rattles, what do you think?
Ftype R AWD
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

M2Nel wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:32 pm
corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am Since my disastrous brief ownership of an SVR last July i've had an AMG GTS since, which i'm now looking to move on (at a sleep losing level of depreciation) as I just can't get over the burning desire to have another F Type - The AMG is great, very noisy, awful on fuel consumption but it also attracts far too much attention which isn't my cup of tea - and it's a real job to drive it quickly..

In other non Jaguar related news.. does anyone want to buy an AMG GTS? ;)
I had been contemplating my next car after the Ftype and the AMG was on the radar, i do like the look of them but i hear they have a overy stiff ride ect and not good steering feel. and have plenty of rattles, what do you think?
Overly stiff and plenty of rattles is also how a lot of people describe the F Type :lol:
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 8:39 am

If you didn’t manage to see the car today? Can’t do “Simple R’s” magic but did recognise the colour and reg, saw a little while back that it was up for sale not so far from me. I follow some out there out of general interest. This video of it when new may be of interest to you.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

mitch2.0 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:08 pm Good luck finding what you want. GTS looks awesome.

I'm in the same boat been looking for 4 months now, just cant find the one with the spec i want. Cash is burning a big hole in my pocket.
Take your time, you'll find it when you see it, took me 2 years. Well, not avidly searching, generally perusing the locale.
scm

Post by scm »

Clymout wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:08 pm Take your time, you'll find it when you see it, took me 2 years.
It took me 4 years before I could persuade myself out of my lovely XKR ... 8-)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

If I had an XKR I probably wouldn't have parted with it, in all respect. I was never that keen on the whole looks, the rear end looked too Aston for me and they were starting to date. So glad the F-Type came along
Moss

Post by Moss »

At 8:56……
“……the fact that it’s a V8 is probably going to put people off straightaway….” Yeah, right!!

Who is this chap, Petrol Ped? 🙃
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
Kev

Post by Kev »

My claim to fame is that I did a job for Petrol Ped a couple of years ago, fitting the EV charger in his barn
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post