Still after an F Type

Anything F-Type related......
corbs

Post by corbs »

Since my disastrous brief ownership of an SVR last July i've had an AMG GTS since, which i'm now looking to move on (at a sleep losing level of depreciation) as I just can't get over the burning desire to have another F Type - The AMG is great, very noisy, awful on fuel consumption but it also attracts far too much attention which isn't my cup of tea - and it's a real job to drive it quickly..

I have seen a nice BRG P450 online which i'm hoping to go and see today

Wondering if Simple R could do the usual magic for me? HX20YOE..

In other non Jaguar related news.. does anyone want to buy an AMG GTS? ;)

Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

How did you find the performance of the AMG in comparison with the SVR? A friend of mine has the AMG GT (non s) and just had a remap done taking it to around 600 bhp - he hasn't been able to exploit due to the conditions currently but i'm curious how they compare re ride, theatre, shove etc. They do look great, but can appreciate they draw more of a crowd than the F Types which isn't always wanted
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

I second the request from the previous post. The GTS is so rare and looks stunning. I get the attention drawing comment. I wasn't used to seeing people looking at me and any of my previous cars until I got my F-type last month. But the attention it has drawn so far has been mostly positive from car guys, children. Even a police officer this morning winked and gave me a thumbs up pointing at the car on the way to work ☺️
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
corbs

Post by corbs »

Here's the GTS.

Immediate pace wise the SVR takes it, the 4wd being the key off the mark I think.. Once you're on the way (on a dry road) they're probably equal, I've got more out of the AMG as I've owned it longer but the 70-120mph quite literally flashes by at an alarming rate, I feel like it would probably pull all the way to the limit without any fade

Drive wise it's different, you feel as if you're sat right at the back of the car with nothing behind you. Makes a lovely noise with obscene pops and bangs, I'd love to hear one with a titanium exhaust system - bias aside neither car gets close to the 991.2 S for drivability, but the Porsche isn't what I'd call a beautiful car to look at.

11BD3939-E83A-4850-AB26-1431B53EF041.JPG

corbs

Post by corbs »

WShudds wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:31 am I second the request from the previous post. The GTS is so rare and looks stunning. I get the attention drawing comment. I wasn't used to seeing people looking at me and any of my previous cars until I got my F-type last month. But the attention it has drawn so far has been mostly positive from car guys, children. Even a police officer this morning winked and gave me a thumbs up pointing at the car on the way to work ☺️

Was he holding a radar gun? :)
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

That is a great looking car!! Would you say the build quality is better? Bi-turbo would always be on my mind, it's bad enough having to rely on one in the past :) But yeah F-Type gets a certain respect on our roads, as it is seen as a British brand.

Good luck on selling, try Collecting Cars website, standard cost no matter what the selling price and this website would reach a poignant market place.

"A simple R" love that!
corbs

Post by corbs »

Clymout wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:19 am That is a great looking car!! Would you say the build quality is better? Bi-turbo would always be on my mind, it's bad enough having to rely on one in the past :) But yeah F-Type gets a certain respect on our roads, as it is seen as a British brand.

Good luck on selling, try Collecting Cars website, standard cost no matter what the selling price and this website would reach a poignant market place.

"A simple R" love that!
I'll look into collecting cars - I've always had terrible luck selling on anything over 50k privately. It seems people just want that main dealer reassurance. I tried my last Porsche through a couple of independents and ended up trading it in to Sytner who then re-sold it in a week for £13,000 more than we'd been trying for 4 months to get, even with the transferable Porsche warranty.
munchie

Post by munchie »

corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:12 am Here's the GTS.

Immediate pace wise the SVR takes it, the 4wd being the key off the mark I think.. Once you're on the way (on a dry road) they're probably equal, I've got more out of the AMG as I've owned it longer but the 70-120mph quite literally flashes by at an alarming rate, I feel like it would probably pull all the way to the limit without any fade

Drive wise it's different, you feel as if you're sat right at the back of the car with nothing behind you. Makes a lovely noise with obscene pops and bangs, I'd love to hear one with a titanium exhaust system - bias aside neither car gets close to the 991.2 S for drivability, but the Porsche isn't what I'd call a beautiful car to look at[/b].

A bit like getting Charlie Dimmock to make over your garden (991) - she'd do a great job, or asking Keira Nightley (insert other female name here) FTYPE, to just stand there with a fork in her hand all day.
munchie

Post by munchie »

corbs wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:27 am
Clymout wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:19 am That is a great looking car!! Would you say the build quality is better? Bi-turbo would always be on my mind, it's bad enough having to rely on one in the past :) But yeah F-Type gets a certain respect on our roads, as it is seen as a British brand.

"A simple R" love that!
I'll look into collecting cars - I've always had terrible luck selling on anything over 50k privately. It seems people just want that main dealer reassurance. I tried my last Porsche through a couple of independents and ended up trading it in to Sytner who then re-sold it in a week for £13,000 more than we'd been trying for 4 months to get, even with the transferable Porsche warranty.
The risk of buying an expensive car privately is what enables the retailers to sell to punters. I've got to sell my 50k miles M3 V8 cabriolet soon, and am dreading it...Tyre kickers, thefts, no insurance test drives etc - or sell on and lose 5k to a retailer.
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

Good luck finding what you want. GTS looks awesome.

I'm in the same boat been looking for 4 months now, just cant find the one with the spec i want. Cash is burning a big hole in my pocket.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post