Dynamat and door card clips

Anything F-Type related......
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

Afternoon all,

I'm gearing up to remove the door cards and install dynamat the doors of my F-type. I'm a little worried that in my pursuit to reduce the rattle and improve the acoustics I'll end up snapping clips and actually making things worse!

I'm curious if anyone here has had the door card out and/or has replaced and broken clips in the past. Is this a part I can stock up on early so I have them ready if I snap one while taking the cards out?

Cheers!

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

I've dynamatted mine, carefully, clips all re-used.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

I did mine recently - door cards off, dynamat and speaker upgrade to kevlar cones, the clips are easy to remove without damaging (i had to do it several times too as one of the speakers i purchased was defective) Just ensure to remove methodically and ensure all the screws are removed prior to lifting the door card up and off.

Frustratingly the rattle I suspected to be a blown mid speaker was actually the door card itself - which still rattles a bit, however the dynamat ensures a much richer sound!
barrycraig

Post by barrycraig »

Blackberry wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:42 pm I did mine recently - door cards off, dynamat and speaker upgrade to kevlar cones, the clips are easy to remove without damaging (i had to do it several times too as one of the speakers i purchased was defective) Just ensure to remove methodically and ensure all the screws are removed prior to lifting the door card up and off.

Frustratingly the rattle I suspected to be a blown mid speaker was actually the door card itself - which still rattles a bit, however the dynamat ensures a much richer sound!
Do you think the Dynamat also helped with road noise at all? I've been considering the speaker upgrade as well, but I cant find any info on whether the upgrade model numbers everyone talks about online are still valid for the MY21 facelift?
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Jaguandy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:55 pm I've dynamatted mine, carefully, clips all re-used.
Me too.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

barrycraig wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:07 pm
Blackberry wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:42 pm I did mine recently - door cards off, dynamat and speaker upgrade to kevlar cones, the clips are easy to remove without damaging (i had to do it several times too as one of the speakers i purchased was defective) Just ensure to remove methodically and ensure all the screws are removed prior to lifting the door card up and off.

Do you think the Dynamat also helped with road noise at all? I've been considering the speaker upgrade as well, but I cant find any info on whether the upgrade model numbers everyone talks about online are still valid for the MY21 facelift?
Road noise - i guess a perception of noise is stifled a bit, however the wide tyres, bit of wind noise around the wing mirrors for all F - Types and engine noise will overcome the bit of dynamat on the doors really...
For the speakers i would just remove the mid (3 screws) when you take the door card off and look at the part number - then compare with the thread on this forum / youtube where folk have upgraded them

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post