Aftermarket Black Pack

Anything F-Type related......
spicy

Post by spicy »

Hi all,

Picking up my white 2021 P450 first edition next week. Cars a great spec however I would like to have had the black pack on it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get this done aftermarket please?

Couple of quick questions too,

Does the black pack gloss black the vents in the bonnet?
When the black pack is on an AWD drive car is the small AWD badge in black or stays the same?
Does the red front radiator Jaguar badge stay red or is that black too?

Thanks in advance!

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello spicy,

Did this to mine in stages.

Had my window surrounds & side vents replaced by Jaguar OEM. Just my opinion but even a good wrap, looks like a wrap, and will eventually lift, peel or get a nick it in. Depends if you keeping car long term, have deep pockets or don’t mind re-wrapping every so often.

Bonnet vents easy & can be found on eBay. As can the black OEM radiator badge.

Worth doing whichever route you take 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Mine has the black pack, the bonnet vents are the same colour as the bonnet. Is this a MY variation?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

Does the black pack include side vents too?
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

My side vents are black
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
spicy

Post by spicy »

Thank you for your replies.

So far have hunted down on ebay the gloss black F-type & P450 rear badges, the Jaguar boot badge, side vents and front radiator badge. Will leave the AWD badge alone.

Can't find any gloss black bonnet vents yet

No idea how easy/difficult the side vents are to do yourself?

Will get a main dealer to do the window surrounds may get them to do the side & bonnet vents also.
Blackberry

Post by Blackberry »

spicy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:03 pm Thank you for your replies.

So far have hunted down on ebay the gloss black F-type & P450 rear badges, the Jaguar boot badge, side vents and front radiator badge. Will leave the AWD badge alone.

Can't find any gloss black bonnet vents yet

No idea how easy/difficult the side vents are to do yourself?

Will get a main dealer to do the window surrounds may get them to do the side & bonnet vents also.
Side vents are a funny one - the instructions from Jaguar indicate that you need to use cable ties around the original and just yank them out! They even provide the cable ties in the box.... The reality is don't do that for fear of snapping the original vents but also the aluminium wing is thin and could distort with the pressure. I undid the wing bolts (top of the wing and 2 on the inside of the door shut) if you use a thin rag over the 10mm socket you can save the paint on the bolts so they dont strip. The wing can then prised enough outwards to press the retaining clips for original vents out (stubby flat head screwdriver or trim tool helps) The new set just clip in from the outside
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

Get your local smart repair Guy to spray all the bits , easy job for him
Ftype R AWD
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Blackberry wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:19 pm
I undid the wing bolts (top of the wing and 2 on the inside of the door shut) if you use a thin rag over the 10mm socket you can save the paint on the bolts so they dont strip.
Also use a rag to cover the hole in the sill at the bottom of the side panel, in case you drop a side bolt in there. Masking tape on the door and bolt heads is a good idea to prevent any chipped paint. It's fiddly, but there's just about enough room to get fingers in to release the clips and get the side vents off undamaged.

I changed the vents on my V6 and had the grille surround and window trims wrapped. It depends on how much you want to spend. Wrapping will cost about £250 compared to 10 times as much to have them changed. Obviously new surrounds are the best solution, but a decent wrap will last up to 5 years and should always be re-done at around that time anyway to ensure it's not binding.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

spicy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 3:38 pm Hi all,

Picking up my white 2021 P450 first edition next week. Cars a great spec however I would like to have had the black pack on it.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to get this done aftermarket please?

Couple of quick questions too,

Does the black pack gloss black the vents in the bonnet?
When the black pack is on an AWD drive car is the small AWD badge in black or stays the same?
Does the red front radiator Jaguar badge stay red or is that black too?

Thanks in advance!
To answer your bonnet vent question, no, the black pack does not change those. I have an MY21 P450 with the black pack and the bonnet vents are the same colour as the rest of the paintwork. The radiator badge is also left red. The basic black pack (rather than the black Design Pack - which also changes the side-skirts, front and rear splitters and rear venturi colours) only changes the following (from chrome to black) :

Side window surrounds
Rear badging
Side vents and jaguar leaper
Front radiator grille surround
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post