After Market Air Intakes

Anything F-Type related......
mono-uk

Post by mono-uk »

Why is the air intake after market products so thin off the ground for our car, there really isn't much about.

Is it a case of, where they are located is too much of a pain in the arse for most people to bother changing, or that the Jaguar system is simply brilliant, or the fact in the UK anything is just going to suck up water, or most jaguar owners don't do performance mods

I really don't know.

You can get various replacement filters sure, but I'm taking about the whole airbox system.

I found these guys, the internationally well known (never heard of them) Mina Galley Inc

https://minagallery.com/cart.php?setCurrencyId=4

delivered for £377.76 (but I assume it will get stopped at customs to pay VAT on top)

I like the idea of more induction noise and whine, not fussed about any tenuous power gains, and certainly do not want the engine to drink water!
Current: Black MY16 V8R AWD F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels, Exterior Black Pack
Previous: Black MY15 V6S F-Type Convertible, Blade wheels

jonm

Post by jonm »

These aftermarket induction kits seem to result is a significant LOSS of power on these car for some reason, I'm guess that puts most people off.
My16 F-Type V6 340
M2Nel

Post by M2Nel »

jonm wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:18 pm These aftermarket induction kits seem to result is a significant LOSS of power on these car for some reason, I'm guess that puts most people off.
Really ? Well that would put me off for sure. and i would worry about having cone filters that low in the car , i know the air boxes look low but i can imagine they have been designed with that in mind
Ftype R AWD
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

Had mine on my car for years with no problems and no significant loss in power, i dont drive it through floods mind you lol.
Low down you get great supercharger whine but the exhaust soon takes over from that above about 3.5k.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies