Anyone know this white 2014 F-Type R

Anything F-Type related......
J40nyr

Post by J40nyr »

Good afternoon guys,

So sorry to start my membership to this forum with an information request.

I'm sure a few of you have seen this F-Type R for sale since October. The car seems decent, but I know a few people have backed out of buying the car.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... =CA1%203TF

Does anyone know anything about it?

Thanks all

Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Do a car history check on it, car vertical etc or one of the others out there.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 15824
Started life in Stoke before moving onto Bolton. Very little miles and although there is some service history it is not itemised but other than that appears ok on face value but an independent full check such as Car Vertical would be recommended.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
J40nyr

Post by J40nyr »

I noticed it wasn't itemised. What does that mean, should I be worried?

Got a check using vcheck. All ok, 1 owner too. Did seem to have water on the boot carpet, dealer said it was because the boot was open yet pics show condensation 😬

Many thanks
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

J40nyr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:08 pm I noticed it wasn't itemised. What does that mean, should I be worried?

Got a check using vcheck. All ok, 1 owner too. Did seem to have water on the boot carpet, dealer said it was because the boot was open yet pics show condensation 😬

Many thanks
Pull off the top of the compartment in the boot to reveal the cubby underneath. Then grab the elastic holders in there and pull that up and out. There are no clips or anything, just pulls out and drops back in with ease.
If the boot carpet is wet I'd be willing to bet there is a nice puddle underneath like this one (or maybe not quite as much as that is a touch excessive)...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4320
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Did you spill a bottle of brown ale in the car, the colour of that water just looks wrong ;)
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Clymout wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:30 pm Did you spill a bottle of brown ale in the car, the colour of that water just looks wrong ;)
Haha, thankfully that one isn't my car. It does have a certain "I had one too many beers followed by a curry last night and now I'm regretting it" colour palette.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
J40nyr

Post by J40nyr »

Thanks again all

What's the deal with the rear subframe. I have searched and searched but can only find problems with the external bracing which seems fairly reasonable to replace (this one is well on its way) Is there an actual rear subframe above that which is also mild steel?

I realise the proper subframe, i.e the one at the front supporting the engine is aluminium so I guess we're all good there

How serious should I take these missing service notes? The car comes with a non Jag warranty for 3 monthes. I know f types are supposed to be reasonably reliable but given it's age, supercharger issues, potential injector issues

Not sure whether to go with an all out R like this. Or just go for a p450 that's newer with a proper warranty
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

J40nyr wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:08 pm I noticed it wasn't itemised. What does that mean, should I be worried?

Many thanks
I’d be very concerned on a 10 year car without seeing the itemised service history.
To my mind it’s often when cars just have oil and filter changes and it gets logged as serviced.
I’d want paperwork to support that all the major items have been changed or completed. as per JLR schedule.
If you put the vin. number into the osl site you can pull down all the service requirements by year.
Personally I’d walk away on a no proper warranty car, partial serviced car.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
szaur22@gmail.com

Post by szaur22@gmail.com »

Hello, I’m a new member, currently about to buy a second hand 2015 Ftype, does anyone know if it’s possible to face lift the car to the latest gen?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post