A Near miss in the Jag last Sept

Anything F-Type related......
Deleted User 4828

Post by Deleted User 4828 »

Just thought I would post this as a near miss, taxi drivers!

https://youtu.be/zMbgfLpUJm0?si=N0arBitgTNLuHDbL

I would highly recommend a dashcam, but keep memory cleared and buy the smallest size sd card you can. Any footage could be used against you don't forget ;)

Kev

Post by Kev »

That's the beauty of MicroSD cards in that you can swallow them easily
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
scm

Post by scm »

Kev wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:24 am That's the beauty of MicroSD cards in that you can swallow them easily
But prosecutors can wait until they reappear - it's just a case of going through the motions! :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 4828

scm wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:50 am
Kev wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:24 am That's the beauty of MicroSD cards in that you can swallow them easily
But prosecutors can wait until they reappear - it's just a case of going through the motions! :lol:
haha yeah!

I was saved by a dashcam when a cyclist pulled out in front of me and claimed I was speeding, he wasn't injured but his bike was broken and I only had a scuff on my bumper. Police came and viewed the footage, actually at the scene, job done.
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Had a near miss like that in my Audi 3 years ago. When driving through narrow roads I always assume someone will jump in front of my car. But a dash camera is not the solution in my opinion. It would speed up the process but not change the outcome in most cases.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

WShudds wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:49 pm Had a near miss like that in my Audi 3 years ago. When driving through narrow roads I always assume someone will jump in front of my car. But a dash camera is not the solution in my opinion. It would speed up the process but not change the outcome in most cases.
Unless I've misread that, I cannot disagree more. A dashcam can very quickly turn a lying scumbags attempt at a 50/50 into a no fault for you.

My dad had two accidents where a dashcam would of saved him. One where he got rear ended and the other driver sped off before he could get the plate - dash cam would of got the plate.
The other one he got rear ended (back corner) by a lady pulling out of doctors surgery who hit the accelerator instead of the brake. She admitted fault at the roadside, but then when it came to the insurance she claimed he reversed into her. No witnesses so it got settled as a 50/50 but if he had the dashcam she would of been bang to rights.

It's even better if you don't tell them you have a dashcam and wait for them to lie to their insurer. Then when you provide the video footage not only do they lose, they get their insurance cancelled with a black mark against them for fraud.

Unfortunately the only thing my dashcam has ever captured was me flying off the road into a field in the wet many many years ago... :lol:
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

stefan9107 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:09 pm
WShudds wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:49 pm Had a near miss like that in my Audi 3 years ago. When driving through narrow roads I always assume someone will jump in front of my car. But a dash camera is not the solution in my opinion. It would speed up the process but not change the outcome in most cases.
Unfortunately the only thing my dashcam has ever captured was me flying off the road into a field in the wet many many years ago... :lol:
I rest my case. 😉
The fact that your own dashcam may be used against you makes it a no go for me. Besides, I really dislike the idea that anyone can record and report other drivers. It reminds me of the government's policy during covid: seen your neighbour breaking social distancing rules, report them! 🤬

The only exception for me is if someone is a professional driver (Uber, etc) but I know my opinion is not mainstream.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

WShudds wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:33 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:09 pm
I rest my case. 😉
The fact that your own dashcam may be used against you makes it a no go for me. Besides, I really dislike the idea that anyone can record and report other drivers. It reminds me of the government's policy during covid: seen your neighbour breaking social distancing rules, report them! 🤬

The only exception for me is if someone is a professional driver (Uber, etc) but I know my opinion is not mainstream.
I mean it's pretty simple... either don't break the law... or if you really can't help yourself "no officer, unfortunately I took the SD card out the other day and forgot to put it back in".

I have no issue with people reporting other drivers using their dashcam. If you are going to drive dangerously and flout the rules of the road you get what you deserve. That whole "snitches get stitches" bullshit is for 12 year olds.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
scm

Post by scm »

stefan9107 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:06 pmThat whole "snitches get stitches" bullshit is for 12 year olds.
I prefer "do unto others as you would have them do to you". Good karma. (Yeah, I know - "my karma just ran over your dogma".)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 4828

I appreciate the sensitivity of this subject, it is very subjective. But for me, the gains out weigh the cons of it. Yes, you can possibly be dropping yourself in the proverbial with them, but if you have a 'blip' let's say where you extend the cars' performance you can always pull the plug. The internal batteries of many dashcams don't last very long anyway and need power connected 100%

I put a dashcam in my wife's Astra for her (at her request) but I left the volume mode on, well what can i say...the language that came out at times!! Though we laughed about it I did let her know that the sound could be turned off, which I did, so she thinks ;)