Collecting Cars

Anything F-Type related......
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

It's always interesting to see what the F-Type and XK's go for on the auction market.

There is currently a 2015 Italian Racing Red R AWD on there, and there is also a 2016 Firesand Orange V6 S MANUAL coming "soon".
I feel like the R is familiar and was maybe on here at some point?

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/201 ... -coupe-awd

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/201 ... -s-coupe-1

It'll be interesting to see what they both go for a could point towards potentially accurate current values - although you do have to account for the frankly shocking 6%+VAT collecting cars charge the buyer.

The last F-Type on there was a higher mileage 2013 convertible that went for £16k back in November, but before that you have to go back to the higher priced days in Summer and Spring 2023. The last R to sell on there was way back in January 23.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire

WShudds

Post by WShudds »

Nice one, passed the link for the V6S to another member looking for a manual.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

Two fantastic looking examples there incredibly well photographed. Quite the contrast to how most cars are advertised online and a pleasure to just look at all the photos.

The V6 is the first car I actually see, apart from the convertible in Clarkson's legendary Top Gear review, with a spare wheel. I wonder how many actually have them.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
Moss

Post by Moss »

stefan9107 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:53 pm It's always interesting to see what the F-Type and XK's go for on the auction market.

It'll be interesting to see what they both go for a could point towards potentially accurate current values - although you do have to account for the frankly shocking 6%+VAT collecting cars charge the buyer.
I’m not completely certain it will determine the market?
Access to cash is one thing. And another is private buyers may well want a warranty - which I don’t think this type of sale would provide?
That narrows down the market considerably?
Back to raising cash - buyers generally can’t get cash loans on vehicles in excess of 25K so high end stuff suffers accordingly.
(ISTR a lender some years ago offering “third party” PCP, but not sure whether they still exist, which helped buyers pitch at cars with higher prices, so long as you enjoyed the PCP route.)
Just my tuppence worth. Might be cobblers….
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

MajorTom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:17 am Two fantastic looking examples there incredibly well photographed. Quite the contrast to how most cars are advertised online and a pleasure to just look at all the photos.

The V6 is the first car I actually see, apart from the convertible in Clarkson's legendary Top Gear review, with a spare wheel. I wonder how many actually have them.
Don’t think there are many, as the problem is then how to stow the full sized flat.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Moss wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:08 pm
stefan9107 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:53 pm It's always interesting to see what the F-Type and XK's go for on the auction market.

I’m not completely certain it will determine the market?
Access to cash is one thing. And another is private buyers may well want a warranty - which I don’t think this type of sale would provide?
That narrows down the market considerably?
Back to raising cash - buyers generally can’t get cash loans on vehicles in excess of 25K so high end stuff suffers accordingly.
(ISTR a lender some years ago offering “third party” PCP, but not sure whether they still exist, which helped buyers pitch at cars with higher prices, so long as you enjoyed the PCP route.)
Just my tuppence worth. Might be cobblers….
I'm not saying it sets the price completely, but I think it is a good indicator especially given the massive variation in prices you get on autotrader for similar cars. It is probably more comparable to private sale prices rather than dealer ones.
You can also very easily get PCP deals from anywhere these days. For example, if you wanted to buy a £30,000 F-Type with a £3000 deposit, Lloyds bank will give you a PCP deal at 7.9% over 48 months. Not say that's a good deal, but them, along with a lot of banks and other independants like magnitude finance will more than happily finance PCP deals privately.

I think main thing that narrows the market personally is just the private sale aspect and inability to part-ex an existing car, couple with the auction factor.
I feel like unless you are an enthusiast you aren't looking and probably don't know about collecting cars. The average punter who doesn't join an F-Type forum likely just goes on autotrader and nowhere else.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
WShudds

Post by WShudds »

If you're looking for a manual F-type, you gotta look everywhere. I got to know about a dozen different websites that I didn't even know existed including collecting cars. It was both educating and frustrating experience.
MY18 Manual :o P340 R-Dynamic RWD Coupe, Caldera Red on 19˝ Centrifuge wheels. Pzero. Mods: Reverse camera, interior/puddle lights and tinted windows.
MajorTom

Post by MajorTom »

MikeM wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:18 pm
MajorTom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:17 am Two fantastic looking examples there incredibly well photographed. Quite the contrast to how most cars are advertised online and a pleasure to just look at all the photos.

Don’t think there are many, as the problem is then how to stow the full sized flat.
True. I guess it would fit in the boot of a coupe but not in a convertible. Can't quite see the point of spare wheels in this day and age unless you plan to drive to some extremely remote place with dodgy road conditions.
MY18 V6S R-Dynamic coupé RWD with about every toy and option you could get
BRG, design black pack, 20" carbon blades, pano, full Sienna tan interior with performance seats...
scm

Post by scm »

MajorTom wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:17 am The V6 is the first car I actually see, apart from the convertible in Clarkson's legendary Top Gear review, with a spare wheel. I wonder how many actually have them.
The issue with the spare wheel is not fitting it in the boot but fitting a massive punctured wheel in there when you have to use it! :lol:
I had a similar situation with the skinny spare in my previous XKR - the front wheel just fitted in the boot with a bit of juggling of the floor panel, but the rear, should it have been necessary, would have had to ride as a passenger. :shock:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post