stop start issues

Anything F-Type related......
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

my stop start has stopped working….. allbeit maybe a good thing to some its still of some concern to me.
is the fault likely to be the usual battery issues we all suffer? does a charge from a ctek 5 charger with the agm function also charge and or recondition charge the start stop battery as well? or should i be looking elsewhere

car drives fine with no low battery symptoms other than this… i havent tried to charge yet as the ctek is otherwise engaged on a different car thats covered up for the winter.
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)

Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

Stop start not working is usually a first sign of the battery nearing the end of its useful life. Or that you haven't been using the car much to charge it. Batteries tend to get much weaker after very roughly 5 or so years.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

which one would it be though car or stopsart
Polaris White 380 rdstr, 2013, extnd leather,perf seats, cyclone 20”, Ferrari 458 spider 2015, Bianco avus,carbon pack, carbon seats, front lift, musician, biker,.
Money may not buy you happiness but I’d rather cry in a Jag than a bus. (or a 458)
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Afaik Theres only one battery, the other "stop start battery" is more of a capacitor which prevents lights dimming etc. I find that mine won't stop start if I do a lot of shorter journeys until I charge it up. I put a ctek charge plug in the boot and I charge it up at weekends and it works perfectly after that but I am still using the origional 2016 battery. Charge it and see, it could be the first signs of a weak battery, especially with this colder weather.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Older cars have a separate small stop/start battery.
Mine gave up the ghost around 4 years ago, which was welcome, but bizarrely it sprung into action on a recent long drive - just the once though!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

Lunar wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 pm Older cars have a separate small stop/start battery.
Mine gave up the ghost around 4 years ago, which was welcome, but bizarrely it sprung into action on a recent long drive - just the once though!
Learn something every day! Where abouts is the stop start battery then? Is that what was fitted before the voltage quality module?
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
scm

Post by scm »

All the second battery does is keep the car's "vital systems" powered up during the shutdown - if there's not enough charge in it the stop/start won't kick in. Sounds like a win to me - saves hitting that button every time I start the car!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Absolutely!

No button to press every time - and just a pull back on the mode switch to put it into Dynamic and open the exhaust valves from idle upwards - they got it right on launch 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Hotlurve

Post by Hotlurve »

so does the ctek charge and condition both batteries from the connections recommended in the manual??
Elibomrod

Post by Elibomrod »

I had the same issue when I bought mine a year ago. Tried the ctek, no change and battery was good anyway 12.6v from memory. Was under warranty so took into Sytner Bristol. As far as I know they reset a module so no parts needed. Been fine ever since.

Mine is 2017 without 2nd “battery”

Think Stop start needs engine temp, air temp and battery voltage.

So guess could be a temp sensor issue
Does the engine temp and air temp on the dash read ok? (Guess might use other sensors but it’s a start)
2017 V6 S AWD in silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post