24 month service cost at dealer

Anything F-Type related......
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just thinking out loud here.

These P450's will have the limited slip diff with torque vector by braking. So when cornering hard it will brake the inside rear wheel to help rotate the car and improve cornering stability.

The rear pads with the super high performance brakes seem to last circ. 30k to 40k miles. Mine were low at 33k for example with normal driving with a couple of thousand miles left on them. I have seen some of the Fen End cars having new pads at 11k.

An inspection of the rear brake pads and remaining thickness could be an indication. If they are new or nearly new they have probably been changed. Or if they don't have much left then this would be a good marker for previous usage.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

simpleR wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:05 am Just thinking out loud here.

These P450's will have the limited slip diff with torque vector by braking. So when cornering hard it will brake the inside rear wheel to help rotate the car and improve cornering stability.

The rear pads with the super high performance brakes seem to last circ. 30k to 40k miles. Mine were low at 33k for example with normal driving with a couple of thousand miles left on them. I have seen some of the Fen End cars having new pads at 11k.

An inspection of the rear brake pads and remaining thickness could be an indication. If they are new or nearly new they have probably been changed. Or if they don't have much left then this would be a good marker for previous usage.
To me that seems sound thinking,
I have a returnable deposit on the car and spoken to the dealer today they assured me it’s a ‘management’ car I have asked for confirmation I am told the dealer is informed about any track or experience day cars also a bit of a give away is the car would be advertised as VAT qualifying as it was used for business.
They will send me a video once it arrives with them they will include extra footage of discs etc thanks again
P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

When they go through closed auction they have one of three descriptions.

1) Ex Corporate Repurchase
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously owned by a vehicle rental company or allocated to a fleet available to JLR partners.
Possible multiple users.

2) Ex Jaguar Internal Fleet
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to a fleet available to JLR customers and partners.
Possible multiple users.

3) Ex Jaguar Management
A Jaguar/Land Rover vehicle previously allocated to an individual employee.

Typically Ex Jaguar Management cars are on "O" plates via Paragon Fleet Solutions but recently this seems to have changed so what you are being told might be correct.

Unfortunately there is no way of finding out who had it or what it was used for. Jaguar don't know either other than a category as per the above. You could ask them for the auction paperwork. It will look like this (example).

Screenshot_20240215-100615.png

munchie

Post by munchie »

So my car was KT70 NHY, unsure other than it was a Jaguar management car. @SimpleR what details do you have of this car - incidentally if mine has been tracked, I've had it for a year, I've had no trouble with it and the brakes and discs (checked two weeks ago at a service) were in fine fettle.
Last edited by munchie on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Having gone through five lots of paperwork for BCA JLR closed auctions for 2022 all the VAT qualifying cars are listed as option 2 Ex Internal Fleet.

There are no ex management cars which are vat qualifying option 3. Therefore if this car is VAT qualifying I don't think it will be a single user ex management car.
munchie

Post by munchie »

Sorry my car was kt70 NHY - purchased in February last year from Barret's.
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

simpleR wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:25 am Having gone through five lots of paperwork for BCA JLR closed auctions for 2022 all the VAT qualifying cars are listed as option 2 Ex Internal Fleet.

There are no ex management cars which are vat qualifying option 3. Therefore if this car is VAT qualifying I don't think it will be a single user ex management car.
Yes that’s what they are telling me if it had be VAT qualifying it would have been internal fleet, as it’s not VAT qualifying it has been a management car I will ask for/to see the auction paperwork
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

munchie wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am Sorry my car was kt70 NHY - purchased in February last year from Barret's.
No info found on this car. Now on a private plate.
munchie

Post by munchie »

simpleR wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:13 pm
munchie wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am Sorry my car was kt70 NHY - purchased in February last year from Barret's.
Thanks for checking, yep on my private plate now. Not sure if it having no history you can find is good or bad :)
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

munchie wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:30 pm
simpleR wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:13 pm
Thanks for checking, yep on my private plate now. Not sure if it having no history you can find is good or bad :)
Now you own the car probably better not knowing forget about the history and carry on enjoying 👍🏼

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post