24 month service cost at dealer

Anything F-Type related......
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

Hi all,
I think I’m about to take the plunge and get an F type
The one I’m looking at was first registered in May 2022,
But not serviced until July 2023 around 8 weeks late at around 9000 miles so over the year but under mileage I’m ok with that but now dealer is saying next service due in July and without some negotiation won’t service car is it’s not due in next 3 months.
I am just wondering what 24 month service cost will be so if they won’t service how much I need to negotiate on price, I will also be looking to negotiate additional year warranty 🤞

@simpleR any chance you could do vehicle check on the one I’m looking at KR22 UDN thank you
P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)

munchie

Post by munchie »

You can get a price for servicing if you go onto the Jaguar Website, the price of the service when booked through the portal is often cheaper than the price of the service given by a main dealer, it was in my case for a 21 p450 - and cheaper than an Indy.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

To bring the car into line with the original registration date the service isn’t due until 30th May, so I’m not surprised they won’t service it, as it’s still more than 3 months and they are just looking at the first service, I would guess it’s a Jaguar first ownership car as they all seem to be “first serviced “late ( got one myself ) they have to check it over and that should appear on the OSH. It is still under manufacturers warranty for 15 months, if you can get an extended warranty on from there thrown in that would be a result.
Last edited by MikeM on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I have seen your posts. Sorry not had time.
Without looking this will be an ex Jaguar car.
I will look this evening.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

Thanks simpleR yes ex Jaguar employee car just hoping everything is as it should be 🤞
davidls

Post by davidls »

MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:44 pm To bring the car into line with the original registration date the service isn’t due until 30th May, so I’m not surprised they won’t service it, as it’s still more than 3 months and they are just looking at the first service, I would guess it’s a Jaguar first ownership car as they all seem to be “first serviced “late ( got one myself ) they have to check it over and that should appear on the OSH. It is still under manufacturers warranty for 15 months, if you can get an extended warranty on from there thrown in that would be a result.
When I bought mine, Marshall Jaguar in Ipswich serviced it even though it wasn’t due. When I queried why, they said they would not sell a car unless it had a minimum 6 months MOT or service left. My car will be 3yrs old / 35,000 miles on 16th March and is now having its 64,000 / 48 months service because Jaguar serviced it early before moving it on and Marshall’s servicing it early causing it to all fall out of sync.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

munchie wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:25 pm You can get a price for servicing if you go onto the Jaguar Website, the price of the service when booked through the portal is often cheaper than the price of the service given by a main dealer, it was in my case for a 21 p450 - and cheaper than an Indy.
Thank you I checked looks like around the £580 mark
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

MikeM wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:44 pm To bring the car into line with the original registration date the service isn’t due until 30th May, so I’m not surprised they won’t service it, as it’s still more than 3 months and they are just looking at the first service, I would guess it’s a Jaguar first ownership car as they all seem to be “first serviced “late ( got one myself ) they have to check it over and that should appear on the OSH. It is still under manufacturers warranty for 15 months, if you can get an extended warranty on from there thrown in that would be a result.
Yes MikeM it’s a Jaguar first ownership car, the dealer that have bought the car from Jaguar don’t have it at the dealership yet estimate 7-10 days, I have put a refundable deposit on it, but by the time it’s all done and sorted it will be March which then means service due does fall within the 3 months (by registration not last service) I know I mentioned 3 months it might even be 100 days, a different dealer quote that time frame🤷‍♂️
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Car 80491
It was a Jaguar car but what it was used for I cannot find out.

KR22's appear across multiple uses from track cars to cars in TV episodes etc.

KR22 UDO was used by Mission Motorsport for a couple of days for example. From reviewing other such Jaguar cars check the discs and brakes. If they are looking like this KR22 car viewtopic.php?p=78184&hilit=Hard+life#p78184 then it's probably had a hard start to life.

The car was ran by C Walton which is typical of track use cars for KR22 regs. This car would of gone to a closed JLR auction via BCA after whatever Jaguar did with it. Servicing limits are officially every year or 16,000 miles, whichever occurs first and you can go over by no more than 2 months or 2,000 miles to maintain warranty (officially).

Servicing pricing for this car is here.

£471.92. The cost price is £385 so that's your bargaining window!

Screenshot_20240214-233637.png

Jaguar has now launched its own servicing plans however they are more expensive overall but offer monthly payments with no price increases.

https://serviceplan.jaguar.co.uk/servic ... lsrc=aw.ds
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

simpleR wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:52 pm Car 80491
It was a Jaguar car but what it was used for I cannot find out.

KR22's appear across multiple uses from track cars to cars in TV episodes etc.

KR22 UDO was used by Mission Motorsport for a couple of days for example. From reviewing other such Jaguar cars check the discs and brakes. If they are looking like this KR22 car viewtopic.php?p=78184&hilit=Hard+life#p78184 then it's probably had a hard start to life.

The car was ran by C Walton which is typical of track use cars for KR22 regs. This car would of gone to a closed JLR auction via BCA after whatever Jaguar did with it. Servicing limits are officially every year or 16,000 miles, whichever occurs first and you can go over by no more than 2 months or 2,000 miles to maintain warranty (officially).

Servicing pricing for this car is here.

£471.92. The cost price is £385 so that's your bargaining window!
Screenshot_20240214-233637.png

Jaguar has now launched its own servicing plans however they are more expensive overall but offer monthly payments with no price increases.

https://serviceplan.jaguar.co.uk/servic ... lsrc=aw.ds
Thank you, probably what I needed to know but didn’t want to hear 🙄, information is very much appreciated you have supplied this information for me on a couple of cars now and I am concerned about buy one that might have had a ‘hard start in life thanks again I have added picture from the dealer any opinion on disc condition 11,000 miles

View recent photos.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post