Warranty.

Anything F-Type related......
mitch2.0

Post by mitch2.0 »

After months of searching i have finally found my F-Type Jag. Very excited

But as its a 2020 warranty has now run out. What are people thoughts on extended warranties. ?

Who is the best ?

I have heard some horror stories so don't know if its worth the money.

It will be a garage queen and only do about 4K miles a year.

Thanks Lee

Deleted User 3656

Post by Deleted User 3656 »

Don’t bother we had one a they found a loop hole not to pay and cancel warranty (auto guard)
davidls

Post by davidls »

I would always take the Jaguar one.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
scm

Post by scm »

IME, for the F-Type, unless you're very unlucky, you don't really need one. And if you can find a good independent you can trust, they'll keep you on the road for a reasonable price! If you can extend the Jag one it'll cost around a grand a year. I don't spend that on mine, servicing and tyres! Fuel is a different matter, of course!.
Last edited by scm on Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Billymcmred

Post by Billymcmred »

If your buying from Jaguar dealership try to negotiate extended warranty, as a “sweetener” I was offered years extra warranty for £500 Jaguar dealership approved used, that was also a 20 plate F type only few months left on warranty, surprisingly enough they had more concerns about servicing the car apparently if it’s due a service within 100 days it will be serviced the one I was looking at was 116 days to service, turned out it wasn’t the one for me in the end tho.
P450 Firenze Red 8-) MY 2022/23 no mods yet ;)
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Having just received my warranty extension renewal quote I started to shop around. The kicker for me was the lack of headlight support in even some of the supposedly best aftermarket warranties, and with the newer LED headlights coming in at >£2000, I'm still debating taking it out again this year. AFAIK, Jaguar cover everything as if it was under the original warranty, barring natural wear and tear.
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post