Do you find the F-Type generally noisy?

Anything F-Type related......
scm

Post by scm »

jonm wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:11 am This issue is all about tyres ...
And the road surface - that makes a big difference.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!

NCE 61

Post by NCE 61 »

Road surface really makes a difference, some of the Belgian roads are particularly bad, as someone said earlier the F-Type is luxury compared to TVR’s 😀
2018.5 F-Type Convertible 2.0 Litre BRG
Steveglenlee

Post by Steveglenlee »

I forgot and used that stretch last week Darren to go to West Bridgeford, it was awful. I came home via the A60 and that's almost as bad.
MY17 F type R V8 AWD in Dark Sapphire
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Steveglenlee wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:36 pm I forgot and used that stretch last week Darren to go to West Bridgeford, it was awful. I came home via the A60 and that's almost as bad.
Drop the e Steve. The bourgeois residents of WB will be spitting in their Chai Latte 😂

Should be nice when completed though. The Nottingham to Newark stretch is lovely on a sunny weekend morning 👌🌤️
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

It's all relative. The F type is like an EV compared to my Abarth! It has the exhaust and tyre noise, as well as a million rattles (including from the fillings in your teeth probably).
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
68MBC

Post by 68MBC »

Noticeably noisier than my other car - a Discovery Sport - especially from the back, and I don´t mean the exhaust. It is mainly wind noise from the side windows, and LSD noise from the transmission. When I first bought the car it was fitted with winter tires and I blamed them, but after fitting new MPS4S the noise only diminished a bit but not much. I´ve replaced the LSD oil and again it was bit of improvement but still not enough. As it happens both cars are fitted with the Meridian 380W sound system, but it is night and day how it sounds at motorway speeds.
When parked the F-type sounds better, but during long motorway trips the DS is way better - I can actually hear the music :-)
P380 V6S Coupe RWD MY15
Grey Stone
scm

Post by scm »

The F-Type cabin is no concert hall!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

I didn’t purchase the F Type to be smooth or quiet. For that I can waft along in an EV in near total silence on any surface, any speed and love it.
It is however much quieter than many previous sports cars such as the BMW Z4 I’ve owned, which just abused your ears as do most of the mid engined variants.

Interesting so many comments on the road surface. They have just resurfaced 20 miles of A38 near me and replaced old style with new style tarmac. Former has tar with raised stones to allow surface drainage and new has porous tarmac so water percolates through. On a par with European surfaces.
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
davidls

Post by davidls »

Yeah, it’s noisy. Most cars are noisy on our poor road surfaces. In Suffolk we have a lot of concrete roads and my EV is noisy on that despite having acoustic tyres. I didn’t buy my R for a quiet ride. I have been to Wales and Blackpool and back some 5-6 hours each way, various surfaces and I’d listen the car all day long. ❤️ it.
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
68MBC

Post by 68MBC »

I love my F-type too, despite the noise :-) . It was just an answer to the OP question. It´s just that I do not hear so much the engine and exhaust noise at higher speeds as I do hear the road and wind noise. Probably I drive it too fast - I´ve clocked 100 mph average speed on my last two hour trip :-), not doable in UK I suppose.
P380 V6S Coupe RWD MY15
Grey Stone

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post