A dilemma? Which way do I go🧐

Anything F-Type related......
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

Here’s the rub, I have a Reims edition 4 pot, in excellent condition, coming up to the three year mark, I thought I’d pay the pcp ballon payment and own it….. however, I’m know thinking to use the ballon payment to put towards the last 75 V8.
The last V8 , what an opportunity ?
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE

stefan9107

Post by stefan9107 »

Keith666 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:38 pm Here’s the rub, I have a Reims edition 4 pot, in excellent condition, coming up to the three year mark, I thought I’d pay the pcp ballon payment and own it….. however, I’m know thinking to use the ballon payment to put towards the last 75 V8.
The last V8 , what an opportunity ?
It was meant to be the last V8... but I think they've struggled to shift them so the ZP Edition is now the "last" V8. We'll see if another edition pops up after that but either way the book is closing on the F-Type so I'd recommend bagging the top dog before it's too late.
Cars like this are a dying breed... although we've been saying that a long time and it's still really hard to see where things are going long term, but it certainly feels like the last hurrah is getting closer. Maybe 20-30 years from now some will still exist, but I suspect they will be for the rather wealthy who can afford Ferrari level premiums, £5000 car tax a year and £20 a litre synthetic fuel. Completely made up those numbers but wouldn't be surprised to see it.
F-Type R Coupe AWD (MY2016) - Dark Sapphire
scm

Post by scm »

Your dilemma is - which colour to go for on your V8? :lol:
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

I wouldn't be surprised if the 'guaranteed value' given 3 years ago is more than the car would sell for now, with the market the way it is, so trading it in against the 75 might be a smart move - providing you can get a good deal on one of those.

If you can afford to do it then do it, life is far too preciously short to have regrets. I was kicking myself when I was literally a day too late to order one of the pre-facelift MY20 V6 models, but that was a distant memory by the time I learned I'd "have to make do" with the 450hp V8 instead ;)
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
davidls

Post by davidls »

I’m with SCM, you won’t regret it 😉
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
Keith666

Post by Keith666 »

I’m leaning towards my V8 tendencies 😂,
However it would be another PCP vehicle 🧐
Holidays a plenty OR that V8 roar everyday?
It’s a tough choice….
Reims Edition,MY21, French racing blue, pano roof, 20” Black spoke Wheels, heated this and that, dual climate, Union jag pack.
Previous P250 R Dynamic XE
scm

Post by scm »

Keith666 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:02 am Holidays a plenty OR that V8 roar everyday?
It’s a tough choice….
Holidays are overrated, F-Types, not so much ... :lol:

Every day in an F-Type is a holiday!
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Cluck

Post by Cluck »

Keith666 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:02 am I’m leaning towards my V8 tendencies 😂,
However it would be another PCP vehicle 🧐
Holidays a plenty OR that V8 roar everyday?
It’s a tough choice….
PCP is one hell of a drug
MY21 F-Type P450 R Dynamic in Portofino Blue, Black Exterior Pack, Performance Seats, Suede headlining (with Blur as support act)
davidls

Post by davidls »

scm wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:30 am
Keith666 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:02 am Holidays a plenty OR that V8 roar everyday?
It’s a tough choice….
Holidays are overrated, F-Types, not so much ... :lol:

Every day in an F-Type is a holiday!
I could not have put it better myself! 🤗
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Ticket price looks strong and a big chunk of change for what isn't even the final version (R75 Plus) at £107k for the coupe and £111k convertible.
You can pick up an R75 coupe with 10 miles 73 plate for £80k, representing a saving of £27k.

Lovely car but it's all about where you want to put the money, any compromises it causes and of course another PCP for 3-4 years and bigger than current balloon. You'll be paying for it for a very long time as a keeper.
Head or heart decision, but a nice problem to be able to have.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more