Finally joined the club for real

Anything F-Type related......
Roo

Post by Roo »

Collected my dream mobile at the weekend and couldn’t be happier. Even after all the research and testdrives I’m still buzzing about how this car looks and drives.

I had an economic drive up’t north from the dealership in Wakefield, promptly removed the Hatfield’s stickers (seriously, why?), and then got a true feel for things.

I honestly don’t think I scratched the surface during the testdrive. With a warmed motor and a fresh drink of V-Power this thing is incredible! I spent the weekend mastering paddle shifting in sport mode and can’t get the grim off my face… or get my heartrate back under 180.

I think the only thing I’ll be changing (aside from my pants!) is the rear license plate… which seem overly large for the space.

Once again huge thanks to this community! You’d been amazing for tips and detective work on all the possible purchases over the past couple of months.
When I finally get the time I’ll start looking in to this Fuse 15 I’ve been hearing about 😉

Cheers!

IMG_2750 copy.jpg

IMG_2752 copy.jpg

IMG_2753 copy.jpg

MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!

Kev

Post by Kev »

Very nice looking car. You can also use the paddle shift in normal mode; there’s a setting in one of the menus (the binnacle one) to change it
MY18 V6S AWD P400 Santorini Black
MY16 V6S AWD British Racing Green (Rejected)
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Very nice looking example and fully agree on reducing the rear number plate to a standard size. No need to have all that extra reflective yellow and a dealer a£ on it.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Looks great, agree with the plate size though. You may have seen this company? You can choose from a range of styles/sizes. I have used them a number of times, good service and a fast turnaround.
https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designe ... mberplates
MY21 P450AWD R Dynamic Coupe, Bluefire
johnnymiller1000

Post by johnnymiller1000 »

MikeM wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:48 pm Looks great, agree with the plate size though. You may have seen this company? You can choose from a range of styles/sizes. I have used them a number of times, good service and a fast turnaround.
https://www.platesforcars.co.uk/designe ... mberplates
I’ve used these loads of times, great service, fast delivery with DPD and being in Ireland you don’t have to send them any documents like you do with uk ones.
scm

Post by scm »

Once you've mastered the paddles, put it in S and use the stick to shift! :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Roo

Post by Roo »

Nice one on the plate link! Will get that ordered now :)

And yeah, stick shift in Sport mode next on the list, might make it easier that reaching for paddles on a roundabout: :)

I also read there is a launch mode, so need to try that too when I can find a decent / clear road
MY22 - R Dynamic 450 AWD - Batmobile Black - Dynamic daily, Paddles at the weekend!
Moss

Post by Moss »

Roo wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 am ….
I also read there is a launch mode, so need to try that too when I can find a decent / clear road
IIUC, launch mode isn’t available on the AWD. 👍
SVR Coupe in Ammonite.
scm

Post by scm »

Moss wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 am
I think it's the V8 that launch mode isn't available on. I've experienced it on both the V6 and the 4-pot (why?) but I guess they think that just flooring the throttle on the V8 is "good enough" (and seems to be!). Maybe the latest facelifts are different, though?
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Roo

Post by Roo »

scm wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am
Moss wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 am
I think it's the V8 that launch mode isn't available on. I've experienced it on both the V6 and the 4-pot (why?) but I guess they think that just flooring the throttle on the V8 is "good enough" (and seems to be!). Maybe the latest facelifts are different, though?

Yeah, that's what I thought too actually (not needed on V8), I was surprised to see it in the i-Guide for this model/year. I'll give it go and let you know :)

launch.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post