Pothole tyre damage

Anything F-Type related......
EnglishPhil

Post by EnglishPhil »

You have my sympathies Gazza.
However it is worth the time and hassle to claim and I echo Pilot Pete's comments.
I successfully claimed against Hampshire CC after hitting one on the A338 south of Hungerford. Due to the number of claims they were experiencing (!) it took 5 months but I got 75% of the cost of the replacement - which was the max payout according to their policy.
Good luck!
2018 V6S R dynamic coupe. Ultimate black. Fully loaded.
South Oxfordshire.

paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

I tried to claim once and I was told that it wasn't noted by them so I wasn't able to claim. Next time I'll put in a report first and the second it has paint on it or its repaired I'll put in the claim. I don't get how we have to make sure our vehicle is fit for the road and we can't get out of bald tyres by saying "oh I didn't know". But the highways agency can get away with completely unfit roads and just say "we didn't know"
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.
scm

Post by scm »

paddy1000111 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:28 pm I tried to claim once and I was told that it wasn't noted by them so I wasn't able to claim. Next time I'll put in a report first and the second it has paint on it or its repaired I'll put in the claim. I don't get how we have to make sure our vehicle is fit for the road and we can't get out of bald tyres by saying "oh I didn't know". But the highways agency can get away with completely unfit roads and just say "we didn't know"
It's a question of "reasonableness" - you know where your tyres are and there are only 4 to check. There are thousands of miles of roads and it's impossible to check all of them all the time. But I do sympathise with you as it really shouldn't be like that.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
paddy1000111

Post by paddy1000111 »

scm wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:37 pm
paddy1000111 wrote: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:28 pm I tried to claim once and I was told that it wasn't noted by them so I wasn't able to claim. Next time I'll put in a report first and the second it has paint on it or its repaired I'll put in the claim. I don't get how we have to make sure our vehicle is fit for the road and we can't get out of bald tyres by saying "oh I didn't know". But the highways agency can get away with completely unfit roads and just say "we didn't know"
It's a question of "reasonableness" - you know where your tyres are and there are only 4 to check. There are thousands of miles of roads and it's impossible to check all of them all the time. But I do sympathise with you as it really shouldn't be like that.
We should at least be able to claim though. Whilst it may not be reasonable to expect them all to be perfect, if the road is substandard it should be the council's responsibility. I can't really name anything else in life that people can get away with saying "I never noticed that" when it caused personal injury or property damage. Imagine if a roof tile fell off someone's house and injured someone and the insurance companies say "yea, no-one noticed that was loose" and the whole thing gets dropped.
2016 V6S, Italian Racing Red, black trim kit. Regularly polished to perfection.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post