What to look out for on a 2015 F-Type?

Anything F-Type related......
Madlil

Post by Madlil »

In terms of things to look out for….

Full service history - ideally itemized on the Jag database. Doesn’t needs to be main dealer - good indies will do and you can request that Jaguar update the electronic record
Rusted subframe - very common on early cars, so get under and have a look at the metal framework under the car
Main air vent not rising/lowering
Water ingress underneath the bonnet vents can impact the injectors - a conscientious owner will have put some heat resistant matting to cover the injectors
Coolant Y pipe is prone to deterioration - history of having this replaced is good.
Seized or squeaky exhaust valves

I would personally want a Jag used warranty which would cover all of the above except the exhaust valves. Be wary that an extended used warranty can only be transferred in a private sale not via an independent trade sale. If buying fully approved then nothing to worry about.

Sounds like a lot of issues but a well maintained car should be relatively trouble free. - every marque has its weak points.

Good luck with the search!
2019 F Type Convertible P380 AWD Indus Silver
2023 Tesla Model Y

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I would also check the boot, under false floor where battery is, for any water ingress as well.

And my Jaguar extended warranty did cover a new back box for seized exhaust valves with a little push from dealer.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
scm

Post by scm »

Buying used should ensure any faults at time of sale (or found within 6 months) should be fixed by the seller, regardless of warranty (although in my experience, dealers will manage to put it through the warranty anyway!).
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Eclipse83

Post by Eclipse83 »

ogscu wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:32 pm
scm wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:07 pm You have to be quick if they're worth buying - they don't sit for long!
That's the issue, I didn't know if it was worth buying! :lol: Because it was 2015 I was hesitant.
I bought my MY15 12 months ago - why the hesitation? If it's got a good service history and the seller's looked after it (as in my case) then go for it!
| MY15 | V6S Coupe | RWD | Italian Racing Red | Perf. Seats & Wheel | Pano Roof |
ogscu

Post by ogscu »

Eclipse83 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am
scm wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:07 pm You have to be quick if they're worth buying - they don't sit for long!
That's the issue, I didn't know if it was worth buying! :lol: Because it was 2015 I was hesitant.
I bought my MY15 12 months ago - why the hesitation? If it's got a good service history and the seller's looked after it (as in my case) then go for it!
Lesson learned! I want to join the club soon so bad...
davidls

Post by davidls »

Eclipse83 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:26 am
I went to Marshall JLR in Ipswich to get a replacement locking wheel nut for my MY18 Discovery 5, only had 18,000 miles and had it from new. Saw the Portofino Blue F-Type sitting outside and came home in it 🤣
MY21 F-Type R P575 AWD Coupe. Portofino Blue, panoramic roof, exterior black design pack, climate pack, Meridian surround sound system, privacy glass.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post