Lakes, Mountain, F1 and Monaco - Euro Tour Take II

Club Meetings and Events
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

If anyone does want to come and play I've finally nailed down the basics of our second euro trip!
Heading out the Bank Holiday Tuesday (have prior plans the bank hol itself) over towards Metz, then down to Weggis (near Lucerne), Thursday 1st Sep and Friday 2nd Sep doing a double loop of the furka, grimsel, gotthard et al before heading down to Italy via the San Bernadino to Como for Saturday night.
Sunday 4th either drop in on the F1 @ Monza or take a run down to Genoa area beaches for a rest day @ the beach Monday, over to Monaco Tuesday, Cannes Weds and then back up to the mountains for a day or two via Risoul/Susa/Tarentaise/Annecy before heading back on the long motorway run Saturday and Sunday.
Joe we pretty much drive past your door on Sunday I think ;) So if you fancy taking a sneaky day off to come join us in the swiss passes on Friday, or a Saturday run round the San Bernadino pass and lakes, or even just a quick spin to say hi on Sunday (are you going to the F1?), let me know.
Jess

ajbh2016-08-23 15:54:41

Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Hi Jess,
I like your Tour Take II route! We will meet up for sure either Monaco, Cannes or up the mountains! Not too sure though for your visit to Monza on Sunday...the whole town area is closed off for traffic. On the outskirts of Monza there are parking areas that you can leave the car and then catch the regular shuttle buses just for the event, its all very well organised. Alternatively you could come on the saturday which is open for traffic, still a great atmosphere in Monza.
I have no intentions of going to watch the race...but hoping maybe a friend of mine in Rome will offer me a freebie like he did 2 years ago at the hospitality foye directly above the starting grid, wow, that was special. To be honest, Id rather blast around some fab roads with another fellow F-Typer.
She's Bad, she's Beautiful and she's British V6S 2013
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Damn - you missed me by about 2 weeks as we are heading over the alps and then down through italy to sorrento in the middle of september. Maybe next year... :)

Have fun!
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Damn - you missed me by about 2 weeks as we are heading over the alps and then down through italy to sorrento in the middle of september. Maybe next year... :)

Have fun!

Daytona, let me know if you want to meet up for an espresso if you are passing by the Como or Milan area on your way down.
Joe
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

Have fun!

Daytona, let me know if you want to meet up for an espresso if you are passing by the Como or Milan area on your way down.
Joe

Will do - got to sort out a route etc yet so will let you know if we are :)
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Excellent! I was figuring the f1 might be a bit busy, just seemed fortuitous to be driving right by :) Sunday plans pretty flexible, will ping you on what's app so we can keep in touch once on the road too.

Jess
Joemax

Post by Joemax »

Excellent! I was figuring the f1 might be a bit busy, just seemed fortuitous to be driving right by :) Sunday plans pretty flexible, will ping you on what's app so we can keep in touch once on the road too.

Jess

Ok Jess, look forward to meeting up you guys again!!!
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Man i love mountains :) susten, grimsel, nufenen, gotthard, furka, grimsel(again! Hotel was in meriengen :p) yesterday. Today grimsel, furka (way better that way for future reference), oberalp, julier. Tommorrow san bernadino and maybe spluga or maybe julier again in reverse. Then a day off at the beach!

Jessajbh2016-09-02 21:26:20
Thundercat

Post by Thundercat »

Hey F-Typers, I am also planning a trip to the Pyrenees next month and just wondering if anyone can advise how I can change the headlamps bias over to RHS for the European roads.
F-Type MY2016 V6S.

There is no references in the manual, but on my family car (Merc GL) it is easily selected from the setting display on the Steering Menus.

Thundercat2016-09-03 16:13:24
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

The on line manual states that there is no need for headlamp bias and they are suitable for driving on both sides of the road.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post