Carlimits - Essex Airfield - jag day?

Club Meetings and Events
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Nothing booked yet, been on holiday! Watch this space....

SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I'd also be up for it but my schedule can change quite rapidly so may need to confirm something in by end of feb, if for April :)

MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Hmm I've had a bit of a dig into this and as I don't fancy coordinating all the payments/ ending up being liable for you all, or the airfield or indeed a grand out of pocket if no one turns up/pays, I'm going to keep it simple and just book onto the next activity day - 5th May.
Would love to see you there!
Jess

ajbh2017-01-17 14:52:24
captainham

Post by captainham »

Sorry Jess, I'm about to start a new job during April so I'm going to bow out of this and be a good boy by booking no time off immediately after starting!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

I wonder how badly this will decrease the life thats left on my P Zeros?

I was planning on doing this course close to the P Zero end of life..
Anyone have any insight on that?
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

It had very little effect on mine, i did it on the last couple of mm of my pzeros. 1mm all round give or take, the activity day isnt that aggressive.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

:) i can see the sense in that captainham - see you next time!
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

It had very little effect on mine, i did it on the last couple of mm of my pzeros. 1mm all round give or take, the activity day isnt that aggressive.

great to know! ta
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

The course or activty day sammy? The activity day is pretty tame, the course is a lot more sideways - someone else did the full course though - captainham maybe? Fwiw I'd budget 2-3mm for the course.
captainham

Post by captainham »

Yeah I did the full day course around March/April last year. Didn't take much out of the tyres that I noticed (still on original set after 11k miles including this day course, although will need swapping soon). The most obvious impact was to the shoulders which got a bit tatty but not dangerously so.

I pumped up the tyres at the petrol station a couple of miles away - can't remember by how much but their website says to add 4 or 5 psi or so before participating, to protect the sidewalls.

I did all parts of the course, but we only did a small number of the understeer/oversteer courses (as it is a heavy car and the instructor didn't want me to starve the engine of oil with constant shap turning).

The high speed corner, which forms the main part of the course after lunch, was bloody good fun, as was the fast lapping at the end on the coned-out course.

The only downside is it's one of those airfields where they've built houses next door, then the homeowners start moaning about the noise, so occasionally they might move the course a bit further infield to keep the residents happy. "That red car" (mine!) got a complaint or two so I had to switch off loud button on the exhaust (booo!) but obviously didn't ruin my enjoyment as I still got to drive like a hooligan for the whole day.

captainham2017-01-18 21:10:53
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post