Spring trip to Nurburgring starts today.

Club Meetings and Events
Arne

Post by Arne »

We will be some +/- 15 cars leaving Norway on the ferry to Kiel later today (mine is the only F-type, but there will be many other nice sportscars there as well - and I will not be the fastest one ;) ).

First stop will be Stuttgart were we will stay for two nights. We have booked a guided tour at the AMG factory on Friday, which I am looking forward to - even if it's "just" the Merc... :D

Next stop is hotel Dorint at Nurburgring for one night were we will meet up with other friends that are allready there. They have travelled down by air and shipped the cars by trailers, as their main goal is driving "the Nordsleife" (ours is the road trip it self).

Then it's return north via one night in Hamburg before the return ferry from Kiel to Norway.

We did a rather similar roadtrip last year, and hopefully the weather will be better and we will find some more "open roads with less trafic" than last year. The Gopro is allready in place in the car ;)

Here is some fotage from last years trip:

https://youtu.be/XXYKQ6wUzLc
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8

captainham

Post by captainham »

Sounds like a great trip! Don't forget to post some pics!
F-Type V6S IRR Coupe MY2016 AT
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Have a great time .... and if you venture on track at Nurburg beware of the locals ...

I'm like you in that I prefer the roadtrip to the venue, especially the open flowing roads from the cake shop in the valley ... from there are some of my favourite ever driven roads ...

Be safe, enjoy and lots of pics needed ...

regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Arne

Post by Arne »

Back from a great trip, and I do have many nice pics. Only "problem" is that it does'nt seem to be possible to download pics directly from my phone, and I am in a bit of a hurry on a few other issues right now.

We did 1.800 km and with many runs at 250-280 km/h. Trafic was unfortunatly a bit to bussy to reach 300. I think I have some nice videos on the Gopro. That will take some time to download and edit though.

I will see what I can get done a little later!

Edit: I may have figured it out. If I did there should be a few pics below ;)

IMAG1429.jpg

IMAG1435.jpg

IMAG1426.jpg

IMAG1448.jpg

IMAG1439.jpg

IMAG1439.jpg

steveh

Post by steveh »

Looks like you had a good trip, the F Type looks as good as any of the other cars there. Especially in that colour, but I'm biased! Is that white one a Weissman? We met up with a Dutch car club a couple of years ago and they had two of them, very nice.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Arne

Post by Arne »

Yes - it's a Wiesmann GT. Very nice car. Good sound from the BMW V8 engine as well.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post