Arundel castle (F type enthusiasts club) 12th Aug

Club Meetings and Events
basher

Post by basher »

I was planning to come along to this but might not be able to now... won't know until late Sat / early Sun.
:cry:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. ๐Ÿ˜

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

So far ,there's two of us going to meet up at Chichester Sainsbury's circa 10.00 - 10.15am and then drive in from the west to Arundel castle tomorrow. I hope you get to come along in the end also Basher.

Arundel is particularly good because those who want to stand around and talk about cars can, whilst some others can go off into the town, which is full of tea rooms, antique shops and boating lakes.

For anyone coming down the M23/A24 I recommend coming off the A24 at the Washington roundabout and going to Arundel via Storrington. This will bring you into Arundel from the north and avoids going on the A27 east of Arundel where there are always mahoosive queues.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

THIS ARUNDEL MEET IS TOMORROW 5TH AUGUST 2018 (ignore the title of the post which refers to 2017)
basher

Post by basher »

Mick... I've sent you my mobile in a PM.

I'm planning to come along now. Just given the cat a quick wash in preparation. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'll aim to be at Sainsbury's for 10.

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

OK see you at Sainsbury's Chichester. There's another Coupe in charcoal grey heading down from Basset in Southampton to join us, if you see each other on route.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Great morning loads of Jaguars and good number of F types. 3 black 400s, 1 convertible and 2 coupes just to list a few the best. The gardens are also amazing and looked great.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
basher

Post by basher »

Hi Fez... shame we didn't meet up.

Apart from my silver 400, I only saw 2 others, both black. I obviously wasn't looking hard enough.

Lots of beautiful E-types, and a plethora of other jags circa 1950.

Spent much of the day with @mickjaguar and his lovely wife.

Some Instagram pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmG44pjlNpu ... j3u3svahrv

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Cheers Basher. We had a very enjoyable time spending a lot of the day with our little F type group. It's nice seeing more and more F types at these events, it used to be mainly classic Jags but both Beaulieu and Arundel had quite a few of us, so it has become more of a mobile Jaguar story ancient to modern.

I was thinking about a drive an pub meal run, either around the south downs (White Horse in Chilgrove is a v nice spot) or the New Forest (given that Jaguars live in forests - maybe the Lamb Inn at Nomansland or being crazy afternoon tea at Rhinefield House - maybe not). Perhaps Sunday 26th Aug on the BH if the forecast is Ok.

I can contact Dave (Storm grey coupe) on another forum, but not sure if I know Simon and Jane's. I'll do some research, probably need to book if there s likely to be a bunch of us on here.
basher

Post by basher »

Sounds like a plan.

Theres also the White Rabbit in Lyndhurst... had a lovely birthday meal there a couple of years ago.

The roads will be very busy as it's a BH... so the driving bit will probably be more sedate than we'd want it to be! ;)

Adam9618

Post by Adam9618 »

K and j... how did it go? Would have come but as my f type is still in the workshop for its new engine couldnโ€™t. Also would have gone from Lee on the Solent

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post