Jaguar Track Days or Drift days

Club Meetings and Events
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi all owners,

As the 2 month owner of a Coupe R RWD I would be interested to know if Jaguar or the Jag club do any single make track days where I could take my car out on track. Having come from motorbikes where I used to do 2 or 3 track days a year I know how much fun they are and how much you learn about your machine. However, I also know you are not insured and can be taken out by any idiot whose enthusiam out weighs their ability leaving you to pay the repair bill when they just say, "sorry mate".

I figure a club day might avoid that risk so would be interested to hear if these ever come up.

As another interest, I would like to gain some experience of handling the rear when the tyres let go in a corner. I'd prefer to do it on a closed road rather than a Milton Keynes roundabout and so wondered if anyone had exprerience of a track or course that offered training in your own car? Maybe a skid pan would be good to save the cost of new tyres.

I would welcome any ideas, comments or level of interest if I were to organise something.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts

Tel

Post by Tel »

Jaguar Owners Club do-do track days...you just missed the last one at Castle Coombe.

I would suggest for you to explore your RWD R that you use an Open Pit Lane style event hosted at an airfield, so if you do get a little out of shape, the worst damage that you would hopefully never sustain is a wheel full of grass seeds!

Try looking at Bedford OPL, I can personally vouch for these guys:
https://www.motorsport-events.com

As well as the Thruxton Skid Pan which is a hoot.

HTH?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Might struggle with noise limits at Bedford? They’re very strict often employing a one strike and you’re out rule.
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)
Tel

Post by Tel »

We passed the noise check at 87db 'ish with the exhaust closed.
Spent all day with the exhaust in open mode and not a single word said. Maybe we were just lucky?
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Tel wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:24 pm We passed the noise check at 87db 'ish with the exhaust closed.
Spent all day with the exhaust in open mode and not a single word said. Maybe we were just lucky?
I found the same when I did a track day there last month but kept the exhaust switched off.

The people there are really helpful. If you get near triggering a meter they will warn you. After that of course, it's really your fault if you're kicked off.

scharlton, YHPM
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Thanks Tel, will look into it but Bedford is not showing as a venue used by motorsport-events which is a shame as it's closest to me.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Try Bedford Autodrome at Thurleigh. Or MSV trackdays.
car

Post by car »

does knockhill racing circuit have a noise limit and if so what is it
car

Post by car »

just found out 105db

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post