Margaretting Fete & Fun Day July 14th

Club Meetings and Events
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Hi All,

Looking for a few cars to join mine at a village fete and fun day at Margaretting village in Essex on July 14th. This is a village fete not the NEC or Silverstone :D But it certainly punches above it's weight.

They always have classic and American cars there. This year I was approached by an ex-student to bring my V6 S along. It would be great to have a few other F-Types as well - perhaps a variety of models.

The fete is from 13:00 to 16:00 with cars to arrive around 12:30, by convoy would be nice. Just let me know if you're interested.

Ray

Margaretting.jpg

Margaretting2.jpg

BRG V6 S :D

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Vauxhall Victors and Morris Marinas.

Spawn of the devil!
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Aitch wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:08 am Vauxhall Victors and Morris Marinas.

Spawn of the devil!
Aye - they have clearly lost their way.. :D There's a Cobra in the background though
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Ray61 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:29 am

Aye - they have clearly lost their way.. :D There's a Cobra in the background though
So there is. Didn't spot that. I take it all back. :D

Reading through, it sounds a good day's fun to be had but sadly won't be able to join you as we'll be away.

BTW, what's toxic archery? Is it where you fire off a poisoned pen letter to somebody? :lol:

Have a great day.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Ray61 wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 pm Hi All,

Looking for a few cars to join mine at a village fete and fun day at Margaretting village in Essex on July 14th. This is a village fete not the NEC or Silverstone :D But it certainly punches above it's weight.

They always have classic and American cars there. This year I was approached by an ex-student to bring my V6 S along. It would be great to have a few other F-Types as well - perhaps a variety of models.

The fete is from 13:00 to 16:00 with cars to arrive around 12:30, by convoy would be nice. Just let me know if you're interested.

Ray

Margaretting.jpg

Margaretting2.jpg
Hello

I may pop along .. can we park in the show ground ?and do we need tickets etc ?

all the best
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello Ray

Spoke to my wife and we are up for it .. would love to attend, can you let the show organisers know ?
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

kaspa wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:08 pm Hello Ray

Spoke to my wife and we are up for it .. would love to attend, can you let the show organisers know ?
Great. I'll let James know. Would be nice to meet up so that we can arrive in a mini-convoy :-) I'm in Harlow, West of Margaretting along the A414. Where would you be coming from?

Ray
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi,

Just checked with the Good Lady and we could be up for this also .. I’d plan to convoy in with your chaps, my wife and daughter would meet me on site ...

Look forward to the meeting place details for the convoy (plenty of places on the A414) ... and details of how we get cars to the infield ...

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Senninha wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:03 pm Hi,

Just checked with the Good Lady and we could be up for this also .. I’d plan to convoy in with your chaps, my wife and daughter would meet me on site ...

Look forward to the meeting place details for the convoy (plenty of places on the A414) ... and details of how we get cars to the infield ...

Regards, Paul
That's great. Thanks I'll have a look tomorrow at places to meet up prior to heading to the fete!

Ray
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Hi All,

Propose we meet up at the Fox & Goose, Ongar Road / A414 around 12:15. They've got a large car park and though I would feel a bit odd meeting and setting off without going in we've eaten there enough to have "paid our dues"! :) (Excellent food btw)

From there the village hall is about 10 mins away. As we'll have our other halves I thought it best to keep the convoy short least it turn into a "race".. :lol:

I've not been there myself but using the wonders of the interweb can see it's easy to find. We can share mobile nos via PMs later.

Now, when to wash the beast and should I take a duster..?

Ray

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post