Caffeine & Machine - Sat 13th April - from 9.30am

Club Meetings and Events
Alasdair63

Post by Alasdair63 »

Must be popular, Sunday times motoring say there’s parking for 450 cars.
Corrie grey svr Coupé
Carbon graphite vorsteiner wheels
Kw lowering springs
PB big brakes

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

If it’s full by 9.30 maybe we should aim for 9.00 am arrival what do you think guys?

As for numbers I think it looks like this then if I’ve studied the thread correctly

Darrel, Darren, dbv6s, Ftypeharv, and myself = 5 from TGI Coventry

Tim, Alasdair, Basher, SimpleR, Scharlton, Lunar, 8003px, cj10jeeper, daveyc86 = 9 from across country

So 14 of us then, please forgive me if I’ve missed anyone please speak up.

I’m going to pop over on Wednesday this week to check it over, is it worth me mentioning to them that we intend to go on April 13th or shall we just rock up on the day?

Would you kindly let me have some feedback please?

Really looking forward to meeting you guys,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Dazza67

Post by Dazza67 »

9 am arrival sounds good to me. Looks like they are having lots of issues with people parking on the road, irate neighbours trying to tow these cars away with tractors, and police presence due to some people leaving the place ‘briskly’. Seems to be a victim of its own success but highly popular with a diverse range of cars and bikes there.
I’m looking forward to it, but don’t want to fight for a parking space!

Good idea to do a recce Steve, let us know how you get on.

Cheers
Darrell
Ebony Black V6S convertible
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

Jagman100 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:41 pm If it’s full by 9.30 maybe we should aim for 9.00 am arrival what do you think guys?

As for numbers I think it looks like this then if I’ve studied the thread correctly

Tim, Alasdair, Basher, SimpleR, Scharlton, Lunar, 8003px, cj10jeeper, daveyc86 = 9 from across country

I’m going to pop over on Wednesday this week to check it over, is it worth me mentioning to them that we intend to go on April 13th or shall we just rock up on the day?

Kind regards,

Steve
Good thinking Steve!

If its ok I will meet there as coming the opposite direction, so if you want to update your list accordingly

Sounds like 9am is a good idea, I too heard the car park had to be closed this weekend as it was so busy!

Chris
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Ok thanks Chris,

Updated list as follows...

Darrel, Darren, dbv6s and myself = 4 from TGI Coventry

Tim, Alasdair, Basher, SimpleR, Scharlton, Lunar, 8003px, cj10jeeper, daveyc86, FTypeHarv = 10 from across country

If there’s any amendments needed guys please let me know,

Thanks,

Kind regards,

Steve
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi All, agree 9am is better but can appreciate that’s an early start for some...
Worth it for a decent parking spot though

Steve, I’d be coming from leamington so already 3/4’s of the way there from TGI Coventry - I can either meet you there or join on route if you let me know which roads your taking (I’d assume A46 to M40 roundabout then the wellesbourne roads, plenty of places for me to wait and then join)

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Jagman100 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:41 pm If it’s full by 9.30 maybe we should aim for 9.00 am arrival what do you think guys?

Kind regards,

Steve
Thank you for doing this Steve. Much appreciated.

Agree to bringing forward arrival time. Very much looking forward to this too 👍

It is a shame about the odd heathen who cannot behave. Police & local council are taking an interest in this place. An irate local was threatening to tow vehicles off his grass verge 😄

Apparently they are creating further parking in the grounds, albeit weather dependant. Must be grass fields.

Enjoy your visit Steve.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Okay dbv6s not a problem, yes we’ll be coming down the A46 and then Wellesbourne Road so I’ll pm you my phone number so we can speak on the day if you let us know where you want to join up please?

Also thanks Darren it’s a pleasure, someone has to go to check out the beer :D

We don’t want to upset the locals but let’s hope we don’t end up in a boggy field,

Just a thought guys, as a backup plan if C & M is rammed on the day maybe we could head over to Gaydon it’s not far from there 10 miles?

Please let me know your thoughts everyone,

Kind regards,

Steve
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I think Gaydon is a great backup plan, hopefully not but I’m good heading there if needed
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Steve, gaydon has some great roads around it - if you heads to the Falcon pub where you park in the garden they serve good food and drinks
Happy to share some routes with you

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post