Caffeine & Machine - Sat 13th April - from 9.30am

Club Meetings and Events
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Steve,

Firstly, thank you for going out of your way to do this. Very much appreciated 👍

Read your report & although they’re not rolling out the red carpet for us, they have not exactly told us not to turn up. I’m certain if we got there for 0900-0930 there would be room?

Reading between the lines I think they’re overwhelmed with visitors. They are also trying to bat off issues with police & locals. Imagine a hot Bank Holiday 😳

Got nothing against Gaydon. I attend the Jaguar Breakfast Club meetings there & have a season ticket for museum/cafe entrance. It is brilliant but it’s not C&M 😄

Also, I’m a bit of a coffee snob. Would rather drive into Stratford, for a ‘proper’ one, rather than out of a machine.

Don’t want to hi jack this, at all, but what about this...

Meet as agreed & chance getting into C&M. If not, drive to Stratford, pick up coffee, perhaps nice pub with big car park for food/meet/photos etc.

What do others think?
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit

Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Hi Darren,

Got no problem with that except C&M did tell us not to turn up on 13th as they already have an event, so we’d have to go on 20th which is Easter weekend.

If we want 13th we need to find another venue,

Kind regards,

Steve
2016 V8 R AWD Coupe Italian Racing Red, Black Alloys & Pano Roof
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I’m free both dates, thanks for all the hard work you’ve put in to organising!

The fact c&m have made the offer for 20th would seem a shame not to accept as they seem to overwhelmed with requests from many different motoring groups
basher

Post by basher »

I agree that we should perhaps not turn up en masse on 13th.
I'm probably free on 20th, but am concerned that we wouldn't get parking as it's Easter, even at 9am.

I've been following C&M on Instagram for a few weeks, and there have been lots of comments about parking, angry residents, drivers acting like dicks, etc.

But I still want to go to experience it... much more than any desire to go to Gaydon.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, I’ve been giving this some more thought and I understand everyone’s view on this so I propose the following...

First we should respect the fact that some members can only make 13th April so we should have a meet on that date anyway it doesn’t need to be C&M as long as there is ample parking and good food and drinks, I propose The Toby Carvery, Stonebridge Island, CV7 7HL near the NEC, close to motorway network, parking for 50+ cars on tarmac and buffet breakfast to boot. We should have a new thread for it.

Then we could make C&M a separate event on 20th for anyone who wants to come, we change the date and title of of this thread to Caffeine & Machine Sat 20th April from 9.00 am and we take our chances at parking.

I think this way it is fair to everyone,

What do you think guys?

Kind regards,

Steve
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Yes I can do 13th at Toby (£4.69 all you can eat breakfast as well hey!).

Need admin/mod to do some edits for us then if more are in agreement.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

13th sounds good but dont think i'd get away with the following weekend as well especially being easter.
Firesand Coupe R
Vossen HF-3 Satin Bronze
SVR Rear Spoiler
H&R springs
Oem Project 7 grill
VAP tune, upper and lower pulleys,
200 cell cats, induction kit.
Supersprint cat back valved back box
Loud, very loud lol
650-660 bhp
Jagman100

Post by Jagman100 »

Hi Timbo,

Yes that’s why I think we should make 13th the main meet as we already planned on that date but not at C&M because Phil asked us not to on 13th and I don’t want to upset them already, besides the parking at C&M is manic as we all know,

If we have it at the Toby it will be better and then if anyone wants to make the trip to C&M the following week they can but knowing what it could be like, it’ll be more like a test run,

TBH I think C&M will be better after the car park extension is completed in a few weeks time,

NUMBERS

Ok so I’ll cancel the Gaydon booking,

Can I kindly ask how many want to come to the Toby Breakfast meet on 13th and how many to C&M on 20th please, obviously to either or both events as I need to inform the Toby and I need to let Phil and Stan know at C&M before it gets too close please?

I have SimpleR down for the Toby at the moment, which event do you want please Timbo?

Just trying to help,

Thanks guys,

Kind regards,

Steve
dbv6s

Post by dbv6s »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for organising, I’d be up for both
Ftypeharv

Post by Ftypeharv »

I’m up for C&M on 20th please