Essex Easter mini-meet

Club Meetings and Events
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

jimbo1958 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:30 am I'm interested in this. Be my first F-type meet. Saturday or Sunday good for me.
Saturday it is then!
BRG V6 S :D

Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

ajbh wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm Ah the Facebook group I got banned from :s Isn't that actually Easter weekend? No egg hunting for you? :D
Well my banned-chum.. this isn't FB. So you are more than welcome to join. We're going for the 20th - Saturday
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Senninha wrote: ↑Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:31 pm The 13th/14th could work if you don’t mind an ex F-type owner with a different 2 seater joining you? Rgds Paul
Will it be the NSX :-)
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

That's sounds great, look forward to meeting everyone... πŸ˜‰
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Nick

Post by Nick »

Will try to get there
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
basher

Post by basher »

ajbh wrote: ↑Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:00 pm Ah the Facebook group I got banned from :s Isn't that actually Easter weekend? No egg hunting for you? :D
Jess, why did you get banned from the FB group?

There's quite a lot of vitriol on there sometimes... makes me laugh. :lol:

P.S.
Ray, sorry to hijack your thread.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Ah, the ban hammer is fast on that group :D :D When there was that thread about post your car and your location just after the change in mods I posted "we are -sure- Charles isn't a pro car thief playing a very long game right" as a subtle warning it isn't a good idea to be too exact with your car and location in a public forum as some were a bit marginal. Other people got it and responded with some "gone in 60 seconds" stuff but Charles didn't get think it was funny, sent me a couple of PMs and banned me :rolleyes: I didn't notice in time he was offended and by the time i added an explanation I think he'd made up his mind. I put it down to a USA v UK sense of humour gap. Id have to pm him to debate the point and that shows him more of my personal details than I'm comfortable with given some of the pm threads that got shared so been stuck in limbo since :( I tried pinging him on some other forums we share, but no joy so far.

Tbh I was pretty mad at the time that my attempt at a good deed resulted in my demise from my favourite Facebook group, but have started to get more involved with the Jag drivers club and xkec to fill the void :p I'm hoping eventually there is a leadership coup and I can return ;)

Ray, I'm supposed to be at my mum's for Easter but let me see what I can do - mark us as a maybe!

Jess
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Great to see much interest. Next week I'll try to get an exact-ish idea of numbers and who'll be dining.

Thanks!

Ray
basher

Post by basher »

ajbh wrote: ↑Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:03 pm Ah, the ban hammer is fast on that group :D :D When there was that thread about post your car and your location just after the change in mods I posted "we are -sure- Charles isn't a pro car thief playing a very long game right" as a subtle warning it isn't a good idea to be too exact with your car and location in a public forum as some were a bit marginal. Other people got it and responded with some "gone in 60 seconds" stuff but Charles didn't get think it was funny, sent me a couple of PMs and banned me :rolleyes: I didn't notice in time he was offended and by the time i added an explanation I think he'd made up his mind. I put it down to a USA v UK sense of humour gap. Id have to pm him to debate the point and that shows him more of my personal details than I'm comfortable with given some of the pm threads that got shared so been stuck in limbo since :( I tried pinging him on some other forums we share, but no joy so far.

Tbh I was pretty mad at the time that my attempt at a good deed resulted in my demise from my favourite Facebook group, but have started to get more involved with the Jag drivers club and xkec to fill the void :p I'm hoping eventually there is a leadership coup and I can return ;)

Jess
Ah, I remember your post... I agreed with you. I never post my location.

Charles loves banning people. He needs to get a sense of humour. He gets very easily riled, then ends up looking a bit of a tw*t.

Shame really, as he's very knowledgeable & helpful.

At least we're a lot more civilised & friendly on here.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

jimbo1958 wrote: ↑Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:30 am I'm interested in this. Be my first F-type meet. Saturday or Sunday good for me.
Good! We're going for the Saturday - the 20th. Venue still the Axe & Compass, Dunmow though they haven't got back to me yet and I'm getting worried about the size of the carpark!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post