Essex Easter mini-meet

Club Meetings and Events
jimbo1958

Post by jimbo1958 »

Ray61 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:13 pm UPDATE: Venue has now been changed to The Hare at Roxwell - details below.

Spoke to the landlady there and she's delighted with us visiting. The governor is a car fan and hosts car-meets already.

Saturday 20th April. 12:00. I've booked a table for 10 people as I figure that's a safe bet. If there's I'm sure the pub can accommodate.

If you look at google maps you'll see there's a v large cap-park with a line of parking bays in a perfect line out the front of the pub. I'll ask if they can be coned-off but I'm aiming to get there early enough to grab the for us!

Bishops Stortford Road, CM1 4LU Chelmsford, Essex

https://www.facebook.com/thehareatroxwell/
That's Great,well done.......looks like a fantastic venue. Look forward to meeting everyone. 👍
F-type v6s Roadster - Firesand

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi All,

Hoping to make the mini-meet if that's OK. I can't 100% confirm as I've been traveling a lot with work and the family may pull rank on me for the Easter weekend.

Thanks for arranging and really hoping to support the event and meet everyone (plus my route and the weather look great).
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

scharlton wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm Hi All,

Hoping to make the mini-meet if that's OK. I can't 100% confirm as I've been traveling a lot with work and the family may pull rank on me for the Easter weekend.

Thanks for arranging and really hoping to support the event and meet everyone (plus my route and the weather look great).
Hope you can make it - and yeh the weather looks ideal!
BRG V6 S :D
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

SUnshine is here, hopefully roads stay clear(ish) ... if anyone coming from CHelmsford, be advised there are temporary traffic lights just as you join the 1060 from the city centre .... I’ll likely be coming the scenic route via the sweeping roads from Harlow ... and please excuse the bug count (unless I have time to wash it off) as I was out last night enjoying the sunset .... see you all later ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Nick

Post by Nick »

Can’t make it today, sorry.

Lovely weather as well.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

NIce to meet everyone, great location and trust you all have safe trips home ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

Likewise.... 👍

Had a bit of trouble finding second on the paddles when I left!.... It’s never done that before so I’m gonna blame it on the alcohol free beer!!! 😁
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.
Ray61

Post by Ray61 »

Thanks to everyone who came along to the Hare at Roxwell today. Lovely weather, good people and amazing cars!

We had 14 F-Types and a special guest in the form of a gorgeous Honda NSX. We had both variants of the V6, three variants of the V8 (inc a 650bph rwd S!!) and the bluest blue SVR I've ever seen. Convertibles won the day though I cannot remember the exact ratio.

We had 16 people in total 14 of which took advantage of some great food (as ever I wish I'd gone for the sea bass..)

I deliberately sat in the middle of the long table in case the conversation dried up so I could get it going again. No need whatsoever! There were rich and varied topics of conversation with the single mention of Brexit quickly and mercilessly cut-off by all.

The staff at the Hare were welcoming and very supportive. At one point the kitchen staff - mostly lads - appeared in their chefs whites to come and have a look at our cats. The pub also asked if they could take some pics for their own website.

I'm thinking of a repeat meeting in summer?

Once again, thanks to everyone

Ray

EasterMeet.jpg

BRG V6 S :D
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

A good selection of cars and it’s nice to see them lined up together like that.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Glaf

Post by Glaf »

👍
V6 Coupe, 2015, white with black pack, panoramic roof, 20" black Cylones, red callipers. 8-)
TVR Griffith 4.3, 1992, owned for 5 wonderful years.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post