"Benelux" tour of the Dutch Highlands [Veluwe], fall 2019.

Club Meetings and Events
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Time flies..
.. and soon summer will be over and we think about all the nice trips we made with our cars...

After two events organised by Corne [ fall 2018 and april 2019 ], I offered to organise a tour in the central parts of the Netherlands,
not very well known outside our borders. Most foreign tourists go to Amsterdam, any canal or to see the flowerbulbs or museums..

But we have much more to see, of which the area where I live is just an example : https://www.visitveluwe.com/

I have to start somewhere, so my suggestion is now to have the tour on either sunday :

- 6th october ;
- 13th october;

The - preliminary - starting point is a country estate, where - foreign - participants can stay the night after.
Roomprices are around € 66,50 [single] to €100 per room, to which breakfast buffet CAN be added at € 15 per person.

These lodgings are NOT obligatory. I just looked into it as a friendly gesture for anybody who comes from far away,
also we need a good starting point where we can meet and all park our cars safely.

Please book your own room if you want to ; its too complex for me to arrange all this.

I just got feedback from the estate. Due to weddings every weekend on saterdays, all rooms are occupied the friday and saterday night.
So only the sunday night, after the tour you could stay there. But the place where we stop for lunch is a good alternative to stay or
relocate to, since this is also a hotel. A bit cheaper then the one we start now.

The planning for the day is for now :

- We all meet at the country estate [ https://www.rhederoord.nl/en/ ] between 10 and 11, you can have a cofffee or sandwhiches ;
- We leave at 11 for the first part of the trip, about 1.5h to the place where we stop for lunch, a castle in a park. Prices are very reasonable,
so for example the Dutch Delicatessen " croquette sandwich " cost around € 7,50 for two and is served on a plate with salad,
[ if you are not very hungry you could share and each have a croquette on a sandwhich..], https://www.kasteelessenburgh.com/ ;
Anyone who wants to drive down from far away and NOT stays the night before, can join us here, ultimately at 13.30h ;
- We leave around 14h for the second part, this takes around 1,5h. We drive along the lakes and back through the forests for about 1.5h,
when we stop at a watering whole for some drinks [ exact location to be determined ]. The regional dealer will sponsor these drinks 8-) ;
- We leave at 16.30h after a chance to chat and make pictures. The next part is along the river and over the dike of a shear endless landscape
of the 'polders' east of the "Dutch Highlands" ;
- We arrive around 18.30h ,back at the country estate where we started in the morning . We can have a drink there together.
Anybody who wants can stay for the dinner, in a private room for 10 to 20 people. My idea is a choice of meat /fish / vega ,
to be selected ultimately a week before [ everyone chooses his own main dish..];

Remarks :

- anybody who wants/needs to stay is ofcourse free to arrange alternative accomodation, this is just my suggestion ;
- there are about 15 rooms I think all together, so its also 'first come - first served' ;
- the rooms you book can be cancelled free of charge up to 15 days before the event, this I will arrange ;

So now I need feedback about the date, and the number of people involved, and the number of cars.

Previous tours were combined with Face-Book group(s) , but I need to know how many cars and people are coming.
So any participants outside this forum , for this one-off event please provide me with an email adress,
This I will strictly use for the event and we be only '..bcc..' in any mails to the group :geek: .

To arrange this I need at least the confirmation for 6 cars and at least ten people, before august 1st ,
to participate in the tour in any way, otherwise its just not worth the time I need to invest in preparing
the route and all the venues.

If cancelled, I will ask Phill to REMOVE the post all together. So if its gone on sunday august 4th, its NO GO !!!

..a river.. .. these clouds.. .. a house on a dike.. .. how more stereotype Dutch can a landscape be..

dike.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Arjan

Post by Arjan »

Hi Dan,

We will join if the majority votes for 13/10

Greetings
My 2106 IRR Convertible Black Pack
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Arjan,

I even sent private mesages to some people, but you are the only one who replied. Look its not going to happen at all.

We have just over ten days, time will tell.

Dan
corne

Post by corne »

Hi Daniel, you you place the invitation on the facebookpage from the f-type Benelux forum, there will be more response!
For me 13/10 should be a good date as well.
I see your invitation just now because I stayed for 2 weeks in the hospital with healthproblems.

greetings Corne
corne

Post by corne »

Daniel, the movie from last Benelux meet and ride is now on you YouTube: have fun!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Corne,

It says 'not available' ...

Glad you are out of hospital t !

I send a private message to Dirk and Soldes, asking if they can link it to FB.
I don't have FB and I don't want it. :mrgreen:

Gr.
Dan
dirk_BE

Post by dirk_BE »

@ Dan: 13th is blocked in my agenda. Sorry for the late respons, I just got back from my holiday in the Alps with the Jag.
@ Corne: hope everyting goes well now !!
current: F-type 2.0L 2018; XJSC 3.6L 1987; E-type OTS 4.2L 1968
sold: mk2 3.8L 1962
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Dirk,

You mean : blocked for the tour ?
Hope you had more open mountain passes then we did ! Can you please contact the FB-crowd ?

Greetings,
Dan
corne

Post by corne »

Daniel I make a post now on the Benelux f-type FB page and let you know if enough riders are interested. greetings Corne
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Corne,

Thanks ! We need 3 more cars at least.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views